cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU has dropped a few inq!!! (update) And got a sweet score increase today!!

tag
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Re: TU has dropped a few inq!!!

Remember:

1) The number of negative factors reported depends on your score (the higher the score the fewer reported), and

2) When your score is around 750 the negative factor reported is sometimes not very negative - it is just the most negative factor effecting your score.

You're doing really well!

Message 11 of 30
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: TU has dropped a few inq!!! (update) And got a sweet score increase today!!

creditchecktotal.com

You get the first 3 in 1 report that isn't updated for a week, but  after the first week you get a new report every day.  Under $20. / mo.

They give you scores, but they're FAKOS.

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 12 of 30
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Re: TU has dropped a few inq!!! (update) And got a sweet score increase today!!

@tray wrote:
Hi, what websit is CCT, thank you

CCT = Credit Check Total
Message 13 of 30
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

Remember:

1) The number of negative factors reported depends on your score (the higher the score the fewer reported), and

2) When your score is around 750 the negative factor reported is sometimes not very negative - it is just the most negative factor effecting your score.

I always figured my score went up because of less negative factors.  Go figure!

Message 14 of 30
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@BungalowMo wrote:

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

Remember:

I always figured my score went up because of less negative factors.  Go figure!

Nah. It's the other way around. You can have 4, 3, 2, 1, or zero negative factors reported and how many depends on your score level.

Message 15 of 30
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Interesting.  Nothing substantial has occured to drop my score & make those 3 inq suddenly become a factor. Smiley Mad
Message 16 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Bungalo:  Good luck on the job adventure!!!

My TU inquiries have dropped from 2 to 0 and DH's down from 3 to 1 as well.  They came off very early - mortgage inquiry just dropped and it is less than 2 months old.  Never disputed.  I pull CCT daily.  I also punch the "dispute" button every 3 months or so to see the full report on EXP and TU.  TU's our least often pulled report - wish our inquiries would fall off so neatly on the others.

Good to know:  you can pull your report on myfico.com/12 and see the same four reason codes your mortgage pull would show - no matter what your score.

Message 17 of 30
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Tried that myfico.com/12 & got the basic fico start page...?

Where are the codes?

Message 18 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

BungalowMo wrote: Tried that myfico.com/12 & got the basic fico start page...?  Where are the codes?

OH, yeah.  Totally Confused me the first time.  First exit all myfico.com screens and logout.

Enter myfico.com/12 in the address bar.  After you hit Enter, make sure the address bar still reads myfico.com/12 (actually mine says myfico.com/12/home/aspx at this point)

You will see a box on the left side – "Get your two FICO scores" I believe.

Select “Buy Now”

Then you will be asked to log in (use your regular myfico log in)

Enter a promo code if you have one. 

When you pull up your newly ordered TU or EQ report, you will have the same four Reason Codes, in the same order, that show on your mortgage pull.  It’s a bit bizarre because the scale, just like your mortgage pull, will always show 4 “negatives” (the FICO Reason Codes – along with their Code Number) and no positives (there are no positive FICO Reason Codes - that's just a nice thing myfico standard reports do to cheer us on).  This change in the scale Totally Confused me the first time I saw it.

You forfeit access to the simulator for this report - which Totally Confused me the first time.  Did I mention that I was Totally Confused the first time I did this????

You can access this report anytime on your purchases page with the other reports you have ordered at myfico.com.

I'm guessing that the "12" in myfico.com/12 is from the days when EXP was available and you could get all 4 codes from all 3 agencies = thus 12 codes.

Kinda nifty - I like knowing the codes from a mortgage pull without apping for a mortgage - at least from EQ & TU Smiley Wink.

Message 19 of 30
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Update!

Last Inq has dropped from TU!!  Fico score...no change Smiley Sad  BUT...on the summary page I wnet from "not good" to "good" for amt of new credit.  So, losing that last Inq has changed that status anyway.  Smiley Happy

Lesson learned...no fico changed for only 1 inq.  Save your $$ for another reason to pull report...like util drop!

Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.