cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU not updating Date Verified - FCRA Violation?

tag
schrute
Contributor

TU not updating Date Verified - FCRA Violation?

The OC charged off an account in 2011. I started a dispute with TU on February 2012. Verified. I disputed against on June. Verified. Asked for a method of verification in July. No reply until late August (past 15 days). They verified my account again even though I didn't dispute. My question is, every time they've verified or did an investigation into my account, it hasn't changed from 2011. Isn't this a violation?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: TU not updating Date Verified - FCRA Violation?

While the date should change (namely the reported or status date), you do not want it to change. Let it be.

Message 2 of 7
schrute
Contributor

True. But I am trying to remove the tradeline and disputing a BBB with TU. If they're suppose to change it and didn't that's aFCRA violation, correct? If so, I have them on a few other violations. I simply pointing out that htey blatantly violate the FCRA. If it's not the case then I don't want to look like an idiot telling them that.

Message 3 of 7
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

They could just as easlily update  it to current.  I don't think it would warrant the removal of the TL.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 4 of 7
schrute
Contributor

They haven't though... how is that different than them not responding to my dispute in 30 days as opposed to 60 or 90 days later?

Message 5 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Because there's no guarantee they'd delete just for a date. Plus it'll harm your chances for GW or PFD success if paid or unpaid.

Message 6 of 7
schrute
Contributor

They never responded to my method if verification within 15 days. So that is my first FCRA violation. The date thing would be violation #2 - just to show that they never follow the FCRA. Doesn't matter, they've already updated it. But in the past they didn't update it. Plus this OC does not do PFD. It's a charge off and they don't give a rats s on it.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.