Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU report outdated or...?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

TU report outdated or...?

I recently had a collection posted on my credit report. I emailed a couple places at the collection agency and, despite not getting any communication from them (yet), the collection was removed from my credit report - at least, the report I saw. I wanted to see my other 2 credit reports, so I signed up for Credit Check Total's free trial (I know I have to cancel in 7 days.) The negative item from the collection agency is NOT on my Experian report or Equifax report any more, but it IS on my TU report. And it's listed as open on TU, even though it was paid on the 9th/10th and was listed as closed on my other report even before it was removed. I have been using Equifax ID Patrol, and I watched this every single day. This negative item from the collection agency appeared on the 10th, was listed as closed on the 12th, and disappeared sometime yesterday.

Is my TU report out of date, or do they just list all negative items as "open", or what? They were also the last agency to report that it appeared - ID Patrol alerted me to the TU change on the 15th, AFTER I paid!

I only have one other negative item on my reports, and for some reason that is not listed on my TU report at all, despite being a seriously negative item for me (something I missed multiple payments for) that is on my other 2 reports and has been on my other 2 reports for over a year now.

Is TransUnion generally this unreliable? What should I think about all this?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: TU report outdated or...?

The problem may not be originating from TU.  TU can only include what is reported to them. 

If the CA did not report an update to TU, then it wont be removed.

If you have not done so within the past 12-months, I would suggest that you get a full, free CR from each CRA through annualcreditreport.com.

These will be current and complete.

Message 2 of 4
laz98
Senior Contributor

lately transunion has been taking their sweet time updating things for me as well.  pretty much all of my accounts are behind by a couple of weeks from my other 2 reports.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

After some searching I see that other people are having that problem, too. The thing is that it's not just the fact that it's still there - they haven't even marked it paid yet, it still has an open balance, despite the fact that it's been paid for 8 days now! This is gonna drive me nuts until it's fixed Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.