Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Frequent Contributor

TU response to a dispute, unclear

I disputed a charge that went to collections and was only reported to my TU account.
TU sent a response, but they are not clearly stating that it will stay or it will go.
I can't seem to find a away to attach a picture of the document, but it just lists the "Collection" and its details.
I must be crazy or tired or both since it's not clear to me. My assumption is it will stay since it took them only a week and a half

Established Contributor

Re: TU response to a dispute, unclear

If they're going to remove it it'll say remove. Anything else boils down to an update (unless they're asking for more info, but that would be obvious).
Frequent Contributor

I agree.

Here are the details:

Placed for collection:10/17/2011

Responsiblity: Individual account

Acct tye: Open acct

Balance $919

Date updated: 02/28/2013

Original Amt: $919

OC:City of.... (utlities)

Past Due: >919<

Pay status >in collection<

Date closed: 01/31/2012

Remarks: Acct info disputed by consumer: >Placed for collection<

Estimated Month/Year to be removed: 07/2018

Epic Contributor

Frequent Contributor

This is what they sent me in the amil today after I disputed the collection 2 weeks ago.

Epic Contributor

It looks like it was just updated.  How did it look before the dispute?  What were you disputing?

Frequent Contributor

Disputing that it is not mine/Debt Validation.

I do not have a before, except from USAA credit monitoring report.

Epic Contributor

Frequent Contributor

Well that's the question.

X put it in my name, but I never signed anythingwith the OC or agreed to anything with the OC or called the OC and said it's ok.

So technically with my SSN attached to the debt, yes, it's mine.

Epic Contributor

You can always claim it was fraud since technically it was.  But that would involve a police report.

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.