cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU sent "frivolous dispute" to my MOV request.

tag
thankfulheart
Established Contributor

TU sent "frivolous dispute" to my MOV request.

I swear. I'm over it.  NONE of the 3 have responded with an MOV, just the standard form letter, and now TU has labelled it a "frivolous dispute" when IT WAS NOT A DISPUTE AT ALL. Highlighted, all caps, underlined, THIS IS NOT A DISPUTE.  Holy cow, do they read English? At. ALL?

Vent over.  I'm finished with the state tax lien unless I finally get a response from the state atty general, which I highly doubt.  2 medical collections I'm going to deal with this week and then I'm done except for gardening. Dangit.

Starting Score: 10/1/2011 EQ 568 TU 593
Current Score: EQ 664 TU 700 EX 701 (FAKO)

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: TU sent "frivolous dispute" to my MOV request.

EX loves to send them, but this is the first I heard from TU.

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: TU sent "frivolous dispute" to my MOV request.

Was your prior dispute for which you are now asking for their method of verification treated as frivolous or irrelevant, or just your MOV itself?

If the dispute was dismissed,there was no procedure for its investigation, as it was not investigated.  However, if they investigated the dispute and sent your a notice of results, they are compelled to provide you a description of their procedure.

If they failed to provide a description of the procedure used to determine the accuracy and completeness of information in a prior dispute that they investigated and concluded, they are in violation of FCRA 611(a)(7), which states:

"A consumer reporting agency shall provide to a consumer a description referred to in paragraph (6)(B)(iii) by not later than 15 business days after receiving a request from the consumer for that description."

I would send a renewed letter stating that they are in violation of the cited section of the FCRA, and request immediate provision of your requested description of their procedures for verifying the prior dispute.  You can also huff about filing an FTC complaint or civil action if you choose, but pointing out their statutory violation will most likely get the job done.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.