Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU won't let me dispute CA again?

tag
fuzzybean
Frequent Contributor

TU won't let me dispute CA again?

I signed up for the TU trial membership for credit monitoring.  Anyway, under the CA that I've been fighting forever there is no link to dispute it.  However, there is a link for everything else on my CR.  It just says that I disagreed with the outcome of the dispute.  UGH!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

Re: TU won't let me dispute CA again?

Have you tried to call them on the phone?

Message 2 of 8
ah12345
Contributor

I hate disputing online because cra will only allow you to dispute an item so many times. I would advice you to have paper trails starting DV letter to CA then if they don't provide you with what you requested send a second DV telling them if they fail to comply you will file complaints with bbb, FTC and state attorney general. I have clean up my report doing so with this method. If they still on your report send cra copies of the letters along with copy of id and ssn. Its call the 1-2 punch on collections. The cra are require to provide you with method of verification if you so requested. If they can't provide you with documents or the name and number who they contact during the investigation they are require to remove the item. Disputing online only helps when you have already sent a DV letter to CA. If they verify and you didn't get anything from the CA they are now in FDCA violation.

Starting Score: 607 (5-3-12) EQ FICO
Current Score:671 EQ FICO (12-15-13);669 TU FICO (12-5-13); 699 (12-2-13) WALMART FICO; 695 EXP FICO (6-24-13)
Goal Score: 700+ Across The Board

Message 3 of 8
fuzzybean
Frequent Contributor

@ah12345 wrote:
I hate disputing online because cra will only allow you to dispute an item so many times. I would advice you to have paper trails starting DV letter to CA then if they don't provide you with what you requested send a second DV telling them if they fail to comply you will file complaints with bbb, FTC and state attorney general. I have clean up my report doing so with this method. If they still on your report send cra copies of the letters along with copy of id and ssn. Its call the 1-2 punch on collections. The cra are require to provide you with method of verification if you so requested. If they can't provide you with documents or the name and number who they contact during the investigation they are require to remove the item. Disputing online only helps when you have already sent a DV letter to CA. If they verify and you didn't get anything from the CA they are now in FDCA violation.

I have just recently filed a BBB complaint about the CA.  I have already sent them two DV letters and they still haven't validated it.  It's been going on forever...or so it seems.  They also like to changed the dates to make it look current.  I know they are in violation and I'm sure they know.  They just keep messing with my CR. 

Message 4 of 8
ah12345
Contributor

I know what you mean I had a collection with cach llc and they were tough to get off. Until I found out sending copies of the letter and copies of the return receipt along with ssn and id. After that it got removed.

Current Score:671 EQ FICO (12-15-13);669 TU FICO (12-5-13); 699 (12-2-13) WALMART FICO; 695 EXP FICO (6-24-13)

Message 5 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I disagree with almost everything opined in this post.

1.  There is no statutory requirement for a debt collector to respond to a DV request.  Their statutory requirement is to cease collection on the debt until such time as they have provided verification. 

2. The CRAs are not a party to the DV process.  It is a debt collection practices issue under the FDCPA between the consumer and the debt collector.

Disputes sent to a CRA deal with inaccuracies in credit reporting, not debt verification issues under the FDCPA.  Lack of resonse to a DV is not a disputable issue under FCRA 611(a).

3. So-called method of verification requests sent to a CRA deal with their providing a description of  their method of reinvestigation.  If a CRA fails to provide the requested description, the issue is one of their non-compliance with FCRA 611(a)(7).  CRA failure to provide the required description does  NOT require deletion of the disputed information.  The dispute remains verfied.

4, The so-called 1-2 punch process is, in my opinion, nonsense.  It is a theory that while a debt collector is under a cease collection bar as a result of a timely DV, they are prohibited from responding to a CRA under their statutory obligation to investigate the dispute and report the results to the CRA.

There is no statutory or case law support for the theory that conducting their statutorily required dispute investigtation and response of their results is a prohibited debt collection activity that places them in violation of the FDCPA for communicating those results to a CRA.

It's basically an argument that congress enacted one statute that prevents compliance with another.

Message 6 of 8
AvaMommy
Frequent Contributor

@ah12345 wrote:
I know what you mean I had a collection with cach llc and they were tough to get off. Until I found out sending copies of the letter and copies of the return receipt along with ssn and id. After that it got removed.

WHo did you send the copies to? The CRBs?

Starting Score: FAKO: TU 602 EQ 550 EX 565 - 08|2012
Current Score: MyFICO: TU 633 EQ 637 EX 669 (AMEX PULL)09|2012
Goal Score: 700 across the board In my wallet: NFCU cashRewards 12000CL, NFCU LOC 10K CL, BofA cashRewards 5000CL, BofA PP 3000CL, JAREDS (AU) 1500CL, SEARS (AU) 7000CL
Under my mattress: Orchard Bank 320CL and Saks Fifth Avenue 100CL. Finally in the Garden. App Free Since 9/18/12 - No apps until March 2013
Message 7 of 8
ah12345
Contributor

Yes the CRA got copies of letters and personal information

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.