cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TX law 30 day DV time limit

tag
dockfam

TX law 30 day DV time limit

I have two collections abiut which I sent the DV letter to the reporting CAs well over a month ago. They have yet to respond to my request. There is a law in TX that they have to validate within 30 days. What is my next step? Does anyone have a letter example of what I should send them? I don't want to mess up the wording and quoting TX law...

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
George528
Contributor

Re: TX law 30 day DV time limit

Yes that is the law in Texas.  If you search this site there are very good DV letters which state that they have 30 days to get that information back to you  or at least acknowledge that they are trying to get the information.  If you sent  DV letters and had them certified so you  can prove when they received them then  I would attack the CA  with complaints through the state of Texas,  BBB and anywhere else stating that they must remove since they didnt validate the debt in time.    

Message 2 of 4
George528
Contributor

I sent a DV to Midland Funding  and they didnt validate in 30 days so about day  33 I filed a complaint with 2 organizations and I then called Midland letting them know they did not validate and I was filing complaints,  the girl  stated that on that exact day  I called they had made a  "business decision" to not collect any longer and would  remove from all 3  credit reporting agencies immediately.  I requested a letter stating that and I got it.   It is gone from my reports .  This debt was also past the SOL  but not set to fall off til 2016.. 

Message 3 of 4
Superman85
Regular Contributor

Make sure when you send your DV letters that they are Certified Mail Return Receipt. I've had success with 7 baddies in a row and all were sent CMRRR in Texas.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.