Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tackling Charge Offs and Collections

tag
AprilShowers4
New Contributor

Tackling Charge Offs and Collections

Hello everyone,
I need some advice on how to get these items removed. Right now my FICO per my discover card is 651. I want to increase it and clean up my report. Here are the items:
Midland FundingSmiley Surprisedriginal creditor GE RETAIL BANK charge off date 7-17-13. They actually sent me a settlement for 40% off the total of $657

CACH LLC(cap one) DOFD: 11/2013 $702

CACH LLC(GE MONEY BANK) DOFD: 1/2013 $420

CACH LLC(GE MONEY BANK)!DOFD: 12/2012 $226

Hunter War field DOFD 12/2010

Portfolio Recovery(WORLD FINANCIAL NETWORK BANK) opened 7/2015 $450

These two are paid charge offs:
Commenity(express) $480 paid 8/2014

Credit First paid $101 2/2015
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Re: Tackling Charge Offs and Collections

Midland now deletes paid collections if the DoFD was more than 2 years ago. I think this applies to settled one too.

Message 2 of 10
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Collections and charge-offs, regardless of whether paid or unpaid, have credit report exclusion dates of no later than 7 years plus 180 days from the reported DOFD.

The CRAs will normally exclude at 7 years from DOFD.

Earlier removal requires voluntary deletion by the creditor or debt collector.

If unpaid, you can offer a pay for deletion.

If paid, you can make a request for their good-will removal.

They are normally difficult to obtain, as the CRAs have a written policy instructing furnishers not to delete based on payment of the debt.

The CRAs want both accurate and complete credit histories, and dont support subjective deletions.

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cach LLC removed mine after I PIF.  This was last year, before I knew about PFD. A couple of months after the PIF, the collections from Cach LLC were reporting as 0 bal. I then disputed the accounts and they were both removed from my CR.  

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

CACH does delete after paid.  I had a Cap 1 and a Discover card in writeoff.  I actually took a settlment amount for about 60-70% and they still deleted.  They will tell you that they cannot guarentee a deletion but give them a few days after the payment posts on their end ( took about 1 week ) and then call and ask if they can send you a letter.  They deleted both my account less than 1 month after i paid.

Message 5 of 10
AprilShowers4
New Contributor

Ok so I will take Midlands offer to settle since they remove. Should I call or write CACH LLC and ask for settlements I haven't received anything in the mail from them recently?
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

some will say to write, some will say to call.  I decided to call them  ( once i knew i could pay ) and then started a dialog with them.  We ended up doing a settlement for both my seperate accounts and then i would follow up with them every couple days about the deletion letter.  They did me 2 favors.  The first letter sent was that i paid my acocunt in full ( not setteled for less ) which is already pretty nice of them to do.  The second letter i got from them was that they requested the accounts to be deleted.  Thery were very pleasant to work with

Message 7 of 10
AprilShowers4
New Contributor

Do you all have advice on how the conversation should flow or do you just outright say he I want to settle these accounts and have them removed from my credit reports? 

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi. I am very new to rebuilding my credit, therefore I am not privy to many of the abbreveations used. What is CACH, please?

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

CACH is the collection company the OP is dealing with.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.