cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tackling some more collections this morning...HELP!

tag
SirTilus
Contributor

Tackling some more collections this morning...HELP!

Happy Monday all!

So this morning I wanted to make a few calls after getting my full report from creditcheck total. For me there were a lot of consistencies between CK and them but I was also able to see info reported on my EX report that weren't on either TU or EQ. Here is where I am at:

• 2 Chase charge offs (can I recover from this?) what is the best plan of attack 
  • One utility bill from when I lived in MI (this doesn't appear to be owned by a CA so should I call and try to agree on a payment plan?) 
  • A medical bill that went to a CA named AMCOL systems- anyone have any experience with them? (need to verify why my insurance didn't cover this) and I never received any correspondence which I believe is due to the move to NV
  • I also noticed there was a account from Acceptance Now for when we purchased a couch a couple of years ago in MI. We paid everything every month on time. Account shows closed and paid but apparently there was a late payment. What concerned me was the amount shown. The couch wasn't more than 1K and the report shows the total amount as $2,910. 

Hope I can make some progress on these!

TIA for everyone's time!

KT

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Tackling some more collections this morning...HELP!

@SirTilus wrote:

Happy Monday all!

So this morning I wanted to make a few calls after getting my full report from creditcheck total. For me there were a lot of consistencies between CK and them but I was also able to see info reported on my EX report that weren't on either TU or EQ. Here is where I am at:

• 2 Chase charge offs (can I recover from this?) what is the best plan of attack 
  • One utility bill from when I lived in MI (this doesn't appear to be owned by a CA so should I call and try to agree on a payment plan?) 
  • A medical bill that went to a CA named AMCOL systems- anyone have any experience with them? (need to verify why my insurance didn't cover this) and I never received any correspondence which I believe is due to the move to NV
  • I also noticed there was a account from Acceptance Now for when we purchased a couch a couple of years ago in MI. We paid everything every month on time. Account shows closed and paid but apparently there was a late payment. What concerned me was the amount shown. The couch wasn't more than 1K and the report shows the total amount as $2,910. 

Hope I can make some progress on these!

TIA for everyone's time!

KT

For the Chase COs, util bill you want to attempt the PFD, if they wont go for it and they are updating monthly then settle to stop the updating anf switch to GW letters asking for removal of the accounts

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/PFD-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-PFD-Success-Stories/...

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/PFD-Example-Letter/td-p/4519

For unpaid medical debt that is reporting on your CR:

1. Call the OC and see if you qualify for Charity Care
2. If not then ask that they recall the collection in exchange for full payment
3. Send the reporting CA a PFD offer
4. Google the HIPAA Process and contact its creator for help

and for the lates in the closed account GW letter campaign asking for removal of the lates  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/GW-letter-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-GW-Success-Sto...

Message 2 of 6
SirTilus
Contributor

Thanks for the info!

I called the CA and they advised that they no longer had the account and that I need to speak with someone from the hospital. I said okay and asked them if they could do a request to delete the account from the credit report since they didnt have the account anymore (made sense to me!) The CSR advised that they couldn't do it and needed to take it up with the hospital. Instead of asking for a supervisor I called the hospital and took them forever to verify some info, they told me the account was in the hands of the CA! I'm like wth!!!!! What now?

Message 3 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@SirTilus wrote:

Thanks for the info!

I called the CA and they advised that they no longer had the account and that I need to speak with someone from the hospital. I said okay and asked them if they could do a request to delete the account from the credit report since they didnt have the account anymore (made sense to me!) The CSR advised that they couldn't do it and needed to take it up with the hospital. Instead of asking for a supervisor I called the hospital and took them forever to verify some info, they told me the account was in the hands of the CA! I'm like wth!!!!! What now?

Well the CA has to remove their reporting if they no longer have collection authority this is per CRA manual guidelines. I would dispute it with the CRAs as 'doesnt have collection authority anymore, please delete'  after making one more attempt to get it cleared at the CA with the PFD. Once the CA problem has been addressed and if they still insist they dont have the collection then you just pay the hospital off so it cant be sent to another CA. If ths hospital is close I would just do it in person cash talks....

Message 4 of 6
SirTilus
Contributor

I started to dispute the medical one with the CRAs. Hopefully I see some positive results in the near future...keeping fingers and toes crossed!

KT

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

gdale6 gave you some good advice when he said to google the HIPPA letter process and contact it's author.  If you pay the hospital without a written agreement of deletion they can simply report it as a paid collection which will not help your score.  If  you have any problem finding the HIPPA letter process PM me and I will help.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.