Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tactical Training for repairing your credit

tag
SGTRobocop
Established Member

Tactical Training for repairing your credit

First and foremost remember this: "You catch more flies with honey then with vinegar" But Bullpoop gets thousands of flies! A shotgun hits more area and more targets then one bullet. NEVER NEVER NEVER LIE OR MAKE ANYTHING UP!

I made more headway 120+ points on my credit in two months with the info I am about to share. Some methods will work by themselves, some will work together, and some will not work at all.

1)Debt Validation letters, 1000% polite, phrases such as (I was curious, I don't recognize, I don't recall ever receiving a bill for this, PLEASE send, could you help me find, ETC) Do not start the tone with demand or threats of suing, citing FTC violations, state collection laws or fines.

2)When contacting CA's the person you talk to be polite(at all times), even if you don't get the answers or progress you wanted, you may have to talk to this person again or it could be the only person who can do something and you just blew it . Always attempt to get the highest person in the company(I.E. Supervisor) when the conversation is over or nearing its end regardless of good or bad results (USE YOUR OWN WORDS) "Wow, you actually treated me like a human being, your collection company is by far different then the others I have dealt with, you should get a raise, is there someone I can fax or write to, to tell them what a cordial person you are?" (Don't ask for the phone number)

RESULTS: You just got another contact in the company higher up, and if you actually fax/write something positive they are more willing to help you and you just might get a response from someone thanking you for the letter who can and will do something(BUY A FAX MACHINE FOR FASTER RESULTS). This is how I was able to have all PFD successful and disputed accounts(hospital mistakes) removed. 

3)Good Will Letters, I sent several good will letters, but I never received any good responses until at the end of my letter I printed a letter head of myself and my children’s Photo(DO NOT ATTACHED A PHOTO, PRINT IT ON THE LETTER, MS Word allows you to paste a photo to a word.doc) Send real photos not professional taken, show them who you really are, Example your family together in front of the CHRISTmas tree. Send multiple letters at the same time to different people in the same company. One to CEO, one to public relations, one to legal dept, one to credit dispute, ETC.  According to the people who received the letters, it changed their view of me from a number to a person. I recommend a color photo of you & family printed on the GW. You are no longer a number; you’re a person they can connect with. Never email attachments when you first contact someone through email, it will more then likely be blocked and never received. When you have a dialect with someone and THEY ALLOW you to attached supporting documents to validate what you claim, paste a photo in a word document with an explanation of you circumstances.

4) When you find a CA or OC that is truly helpful and works with you, Connect with the person, I always use Mild Humor, don’t try stand up comedy. When they ask for your information SSN, Name, DOB, offer up your blood type as part of the validation “My blood type is AB positive!”. Ask “What do you recommend to resolve this.” Ask if they have contacts or who they recommend you talk to at other collections agencies, this worked to get me to the right person. Ask the OC’s if they have a contact at the CA and who they recommend you talk to. Vice Versa, who does the CA recommend you talk to at the OC to resolve it. When you completely resolve with the CA ask advice if the interaction was good, this lead me to other contacts at CA’s who helped as well as tips on what to say and do. Use references “Hi is this Jane Doe, John Hancock at ABC collections recommended I call you about my account.”

5) "Image is everything", you are now a humble person trying to fix mistake and errors. Check your attitude at the door! Provide Email, cell phone, home phone and mailing address to GW, use a P.O. Box for CA's. Be sure to change all voicemails/answering machines to a polite person. No joke answering machines, no rude "leave you number"  & "you know the drill"  and above all no music or foul language. A simple "Hello, you have reached 123-456-7899 please leave a message at the sound of the tone."  Several times I would call OC's back and they would tell me it was a welcome change to hear a polite answering machine instead of some vulgar music with a rude "I'm to busy to answer my fone b&*$%, leave a message, I'll call you if I feelz like it". When you answer the phone, because you never know who it might be, always answer "Hello this is (your name first name)" and remove any blocks for unavailable/anonymous numbers.

6) "How to find the people you need to talk to", The best ways to find who you need to write to and where is to go to the OC's website and read "Press releases" They often have names, emails, and phone numbers of CEO's and other important contacts. I have had a high success rate through OC's companies Twitter and Face book as well. Also look for websites such as consumer product complaint websites, this was how I found 50% of company contacts info. And the one place that had more info than anything was a website for salesman to acquire sales contact leads and info for companies, the first five were free.

7) "Research the OC's" Find what special circumstances give you a TRUE AND LEGAL edge. In my case I was a victim of a natural disaster and an FTC claim against a company I had negative with. You would be surprised what special rules apply to ACTAUL victims. Company XYZ has a special department that deals with Hurricane NoName, and victims of this hurricane can have late payments removed if they fall with a year of this incident. The FTC has a claim against company ABC and any late payments during that claim period can be deleted/removed. USE key words and Google, "ABC FTC", "XYZ Victim assistance", “Bank No Name lawsuit”, “Collection agency 123 claim/lawsuit”, “Hospital 456 lawsuit”, ETC.

GOODLUCK!

1-2012 EX-504/EQ511/TU505
2-2012 EX551/EQ564/TU565
3-2012 EX-577/EQ573/TU602
4-2012 EX-603/EQ677/TU683
5-2012- EX-748/EQ683/TU758
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
Familywantsahouse
Frequent Contributor

Re: Tactical Training for repairing your credit

I was wondering about the picture thing. I literally have one bad account left now. In two months I've been so blessed and had luck getting now 10 baddies deleted including a foreclosure.

I was thinking about attaching a photo of my kids to my Capital One GW. It's my last baddie left. I imagine that i've gotten 100 points in 2 months as well.

Very very blessed. We'll be homeowners this summer!

congrats to you!

2/24 (Lender Pull) EQ 613, TU 553, EX 589
April EQ 633, My Fico TU 638, EX ??
Current EQ 643, TU 652, EX 633 (lender pull 5/11)
Goal (we made it!!)- Over 640 middle by 5/15
Message 2 of 26
SGTRobocop
Established Member

Research who to contact (consumer complaint boards, sales lead websites, press releases, twitter and facebook" and shotgun a few letters with photo's, remember the worst they can say is no!

2-2012 EX551/EQ564/TU565
Message 3 of 26
Freefall
Regular Contributor

About the picture thing...

I had one account that I was GWing with no success. My final attempt was to a VP. I sent a nice letter explaining we are trying for amortgage so our daughter could grow up in a house not an apartment and have a backyard to play in. I included a pic of our daughter playing outside. Got a wonderful reply from the VP not only deleting the account but asking where we got her outfit from as she was looking for something similar for her neice!  I really think that the picture was the key to having that item removed...

Message 4 of 26
Familywantsahouse
Frequent Contributor

I added a picture of my kids to my GW this morning and will send out another 11 copies tomorrow Smiley Happy

2/24 (Lender Pull) EQ 613, TU 553, EX 589
April EQ 633, My Fico TU 638, EX ??
Current EQ 643, TU 652, EX 633 (lender pull 5/11)
Goal (we made it!!)- Over 640 middle by 5/15
Message 5 of 26
bridgetkaryn
Frequent Contributor

Great idea on the photo! I will add that to my next round of GWs...
Starting Score: 06/2010- EQ 464
01/2012-EQ 512
April Score: EQ 679 4/12TU- 677 EX- 699 (FAKO)
Current Score: 05/2012-EQ 691 4/12TU- 706 EX- 720(FAKO)
Goal Score: 700 by 05/2012- MADE IT!!!!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 26
SGTRobocop
Established Member

Excellent! Good Luck!

2-2012 EX551/EQ564/TU565
Message 7 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks so much for sharing! I had thought of the sending a pic of my daughter with my first round of GW letters in order to make them more personal (i.e., this is who I'm fighting for). I found a different address for WFNNB and am going to mail another GW letter with her pic to the exec office. Thanks again!

Message 8 of 26
SGTRobocop
Established Member

Great, I hope it works out!

2-2012 EX551/EQ564/TU565
Message 9 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Me too! Thanks again!
Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.