Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take studen loan out of deferment?

tag
bruiseviolet
Frequent Contributor

Take studen loan out of deferment?

So on my journey to home ownership and rebuilding my credit, I have a question.  

(1)  I am grappling with the idea of taking what I was going to use for a secured card- and instead throwing it on some more collection accounts to have them removed.

(2)  I have two student loans- which are currently in deferrment.  

So my question is this-  is I take them out of deferrment and start making the monthly payments- will this have an increase on my score?  I have NO other loans or revolving accounts or credit cards.  So basically, I have nothing showing I make on-time payments.  Everything is medical collections left, 1 judgement and 1 30 day late from 2008 on one of the student loans.  

I can afford the monthly payments now, and if it will increase my score, I would rather take them out of deferrment early (deferrment ends in May).  Trying to get scores up ASAP-  Been doing this for a year now, and we need to be moved by the end of Spring.  

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Take studen loan out of deferment?

I suggest that you post your question in the "Student Loans" forum, accessible from the main page.

That is where the SL experts hang out.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.