Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Taking Control of My Financial Life

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Taking Control of My Financial Life

Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum, I've been reading for a while though. You guys seem to give good advice and I'd like to know if you guys could help me formulate a plan of action improve my credit. I'm tired of being turned down. I've had some probems with my credit in the past but I realize I need to take control of this. Any advice you guys can provide will be greatly appreciated. Also, I'd like to do this without credit repair agencies.

As of today (6/30), my three scores are 580 (TransUnion), 583 (Equifax), and 574 (Experian). I'd like to get those to at least 670 as soon as possible. And now for the dirty deets (Don't be scared by the initial high balance, the vast majority of my debt is student loans, which I know is handled after I finish school).

Account Details

I added everything from the credit report I pulled today (6/30), except for the student loans. Everything else is there, I just didn't think those would be relevant right now.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Taking Control of My Financial Life

Focus 1:

Three collections, two apparently unpaid.

These are major derogs.  How old are they (what is the DOFD on the OC account)?

Have you tired a GW for the paid collection?

Focus 2:

Overall debt approx 30,000.

Is this revolving or installment?  If revolving, it is probably resulting in very high % utilizations.

What is your current % utilization on each revolving (CC) account?

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.