Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Taking Suggestions.....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Taking Suggestions.....

Your scores are in the mid 600's I would suggest apping for the 'no fee' QS card from Capital One.

Message 11 of 30
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

Its my understanding siggys dont show up on phones.

The MyFico mobile app does not show the signatures Smiley Sad

Message 12 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's a mobile site correct. MYFICO doesn't have an app yet do they. I just looked on google play for android.
Message 13 of 30
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus
Moved:

Message 14 of 30
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey there folks!

Well, I've seen many people post their repair 'diaries' and thought I'd give it a shot.

I would like to purchase a home early next year and really need to get my scores up to do so. Following is my profile in a nutshell and I'd really like opinions on which card(s) I should consider as options. Based upon much of the advice I've seen, it seems that I need to get my act in gear and grab another bankcard (as well as a store card) now, rather than later. 

My scores are included in my signature and I am open to all suggestions or advice. EDIT: I should also mention that I am permanently opted out, so I don't think I am eligible for any pre-qual reviews.

Thank you for taking time to read/reply. Smiley Happy

Positives:

• CapitalOne Secured ~ Opened 12/2014 ~ $300 limit ~ $24 bal ~ 0 lates
  • Navient SL ~ Opened 9/2000 ~ $5500 bal ~ 0 lates

Negatives:

• State tax lien ~ Paid 8/2011 ~ CRA shows PIF 5/2012
  • Medical ~ Paid 2/2012 ~ Will send GW request
  • Medical ~ Paid 3/2015 ~ PFD with CA, waiting for CRA deletion
  • Medical ~ Paid 3/2015 ~ PFD with CA, waiting for CRA deletion
  • T-Mobile ~ Paid 4/2015 ~ OC pulled back from CA, waiting for CRA deletion
  • Medical ~ $817 bal ~ Scheduled removal 8/2015 (EQ/EX), 10/2015 (TU)

AAoA = 7.5 years / INQ = 1

I would recommend to wait for your reports and scores to update and then post again in the credit card section.  Right now I would also recommend Cap1 QS1 but once your report and scores are updated it might give other options. What would also help is to know how you use your card. In which categories do you spend most. Are you looking for rewards and PIF your card or rather looking for  low APR to carry a balance. Possibly a local credit union.

Edit:  just added original post - it started in Rebuilding and got moved to Credit Cards but along the line .. hope it  makes now a bit more sense Smiley Wink

Message 14 of 30
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
It's a mobile site correct. MYFICO doesn't have an app yet do they. I just looked on google play for android.

Android I have no idea but iPhone does have an app where you can access the forum as well and there it does not show the signatures.

Message 16 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ughhhh......
Message 17 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lg8302ch wrote:

I would recommend to wait for your reports and scores to update and then post again in the credit card section.  Right now I would also recommend Cap1 QS1 but once your report and scores are updated it might give other options. What would also help is to know how you use your card. In which categories do you spend most. Are you looking for rewards and PIF your card or rather looking for  low APR to carry a balance. Possibly a local credit union.

Agree. Wait for your scores to update once those medical collections go away. Check the Chase, Cap 1, any other card you are interested in prequal sites. Research the best fit for you. Don't go crazy on store cards but if it is a place you use and the benefits are worth it a few store cards are fine. Once you get what you need the garden, garden, garden, and watch your score increase. you might want to also consider some type of instalment loan in the future. Good luck!!!

Message 18 of 30
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

Agree. Wait for your scores to update once those medical collections go away. Check the Chase, Cap 1, any other card you are interested in prequal sites. Research the best fit for you. Don't go crazy on store cards but if it is a place you use and the benefits are worth it a few store cards are fine. Once you get what you need the garden, garden, garden, and watch your score increase. you might want to also consider some type of instalment loan in the future. Good luck!!!

Where's the original post?

Message 19 of 30
ltorres25
Regular Contributor

I'm soooo connnnfusssedddd

| TU FICO: 747 | EQ FICO: 746 | EX FICO: 741 | Last HP: 5/20/15 |
Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.