cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Taking longer to get to 700 than i thought......

tag
teamgray
Contributor

Taking longer to get to 700 than i thought......

Okay, so i had two negative items removed from my report, thinking that it would raise my score. it did nothing. then i added a auto loan and a secured card. It lowered my FAKOS by 22 across the board, and raised my Fico 2 measely points. still 44 points away from my first 700 club score ever, and i would like to get to it before June.....only other account I have is my LOC with is util at about 70%. I know i need to pay it down, but with everything else that i thought would affect FICO im not even sure anything is gonna happen

#InTheDark

Starting Score: 612 EQ 6-1-2013
Current Score: 12-26-13 656 EQ(FICO) 608 TU(FAKO) 632(FICO) EX
Goal Score: 700 FICO on all three by 7/1

"The Struggle is real"
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Leadberry
Established Contributor

Re: Taking longer to get to 700 than i thought......

@teamgray wrote:

Okay, so i had two negative items removed from my report, thinking that it would raise my score. it did nothing. then i added a auto loan and a secured card. It lowered my FAKOS by 22 across the board, and raised my Fico 2 measely points. still 44 points away from my first 700 club score ever, and i would like to get to it before June.....only other account I have is my LOC with is util at about 70%. I know i need to pay it down, but with everything else that i thought would affect FICO im not even sure anything is gonna happen

#InTheDark

New accounts will lower your AAoA; you will also be dinged for the inquiries.  Are there more negatives on your CR's?  The more recent items will be affecting your score more than the older ones.  Also, it sounds like you already know you need to lower your util.  That is the second most prominent component that decides your FICO score.

FICO Scores 800+
Message 2 of 12
baller4life
Super Contributor

Bet you will see a significant jump in score once util is down.
Message 3 of 12
Scupra
Super Contributor

@baller4life wrote:

+ a million

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 4 of 12
teamgray
Contributor

one would hope that would be the case , but i would love for the score to jump by 50 pts by June, so i will just have to wait and see....

"The Struggle is real"

Message 5 of 12
alvon123
Super Contributor

@baller4life wrote:

+1

Message 6 of 12
teamgray
Contributor

Im glad everyone seems to think that its gonna give me a nice little bump...Im considering trying to get a B of A secured card also..I know that it graduates in about 9 to 12 months...

"The Struggle is real"

Message 7 of 12
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

@teamgray wrote:

Im glad everyone seems to think that its gonna give me a nice little bump...Im considering trying to get a B of A secured card also..I know that it graduates in about 9 to 12 months...

I am in the same boat with you...we just have to wait for our new accounts to age a bit. Keep plugging away at your LOC balance, continue to make all payments on time and send goodwill removal letters for any other baddies that you have left (at least you can be doing something else while you wait). 

I am hoping to be in my new home by June and if I could gain a few points I would be really excited. Don't be discouraged, you will be in the 700 club in no time. 

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:

Message 8 of 12
teamgray
Contributor

Newmomnewme, i was wondering, i see that you applied for some credit in December @ your back in the garden, which C/C were you approved for?

"The Struggle is real"

Message 9 of 12
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

I applied for NFCU NavCheck LOC (10k) and Macy's (400) CL.....right before that, Discover and NFCU nRewards denied me.  

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.