Valued Member
Nik2010

Taking the plunge!

Hi...I'm new to the boards, and I wanted to just share that after reading through the info on the forums, I've come to the conclusion that I can do this!

My fiance and I both have poor credit, and I had obtained the services of a bankruptcy attorney and was working on the documents to file.  But in seeing that there are many steps I can take to repair my credit, I'd much rather do this myself and get these accounts paid up and current so we can get on with life and try for a house in a year or so, hopefully.

Thanks for reading!

Starting Score: 531
Current Scores: EQ-662; TU-679; EX-660
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Shogun

Re: Taking the plunge!

Congrats to you on taking the plunge and get your finances in order.  Feel free to post and ask questions, that's what we're here for.

Starting Score: 504

July 2013 score: EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!
Frequent Contributor
fuzzybean

Re: Taking the plunge!

Nik2010 wrote:

Hi...I'm new to the boards, and I wanted to just share that after reading through the info on the forums, I've come to the conclusion that I can do this!

My fiance and I both have poor credit, and I had obtained the services of a bankruptcy attorney and was working on the documents to file.  But in seeing that there are many steps I can take to repair my credit, I'd much rather do this myself and get these accounts paid up and current so we can get on with life and try for a house in a year or so, hopefully.

Thanks for reading!

Just know you have many life preservers helping you when you take the plunge!

Happy rebuilding!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+