Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Taking the plunge!

tag
Nik2010
Valued Member

Taking the plunge!

Hi...I'm new to the boards, and I wanted to just share that after reading through the info on the forums, I've come to the conclusion that I can do this!

My fiance and I both have poor credit, and I had obtained the services of a bankruptcy attorney and was working on the documents to file.  But in seeing that there are many steps I can take to repair my credit, I'd much rather do this myself and get these accounts paid up and current so we can get on with life and try for a house in a year or so, hopefully.

Thanks for reading!

Starting Score: 700
Current Score: 704
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Taking the plunge!

Congrats to you on taking the plunge and get your finances in order.  Feel free to post and ask questions, that's what we're here for.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 3
fuzzybean
Frequent Contributor

Re: Taking the plunge!

@Nik2010 wrote:

Hi...I'm new to the boards, and I wanted to just share that after reading through the info on the forums, I've come to the conclusion that I can do this!

My fiance and I both have poor credit, and I had obtained the services of a bankruptcy attorney and was working on the documents to file.  But in seeing that there are many steps I can take to repair my credit, I'd much rather do this myself and get these accounts paid up and current so we can get on with life and try for a house in a year or so, hopefully.

Thanks for reading!

Just know you have many life preservers helping you when you take the plunge!

Happy rebuilding!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.