Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target GW success anyone?

tag
Katytee
Established Member

Re: Target GW success anyone?

The card carried a balance for quite a long time but in the last month or so have paid it fully off.

I have been writing GW letters working on my credit report for several years now, and have used a few different GW letters I wrote up, changing them up a bit depending on the organization or situation. I've had success with a couple, including Macys recently (which was a big deal). I try to write letters that don't seem so "printed out and fill in the blank". In fact, the letter I've used to Target the last 2 times was a very personal meaningful letter. I'm quite pressured to move right now (which is why I'm trying to raise my score up higher, hoping to buy a house) because the house we live in now is set for demolition from imminent domain from our local government Spring of next year, as it's in the path of a new levee they are building. I included that in the letter, even a map showing my house with a big red "x" through it, hoping to pull at some heart strings and still, nothing.

Since this baddie (1 time 30 day late with them), is now 17 months old, I'm sure it's not affecting me as much as it used to, but it's still a little annoyance I have to look at, and still brings down some points obviously. Thank you so much to everyone for all your help so far.

Starting: 535 (EQ)
Current: 638 (EQ) FICO 9/2012
Goal: 640 - Mortgage here I come!
Message 11 of 12
compassion101
Established Contributor

Re: Target GW success anyone?

Not sure if it makes a difference but I sent mine to:

Financial and Retail Service

Mail Stop 5C-F

PO Box 673

Minneapolis MN 55440

Replay came from TNB, 3901 west 53rd st Sioux Falls SD 57106-4216

Good luck!

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.