Target Goodwill success!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Target Goodwill success!

Equifax-626

Experian- 658

Transunion- 643

I am trying to purchase a car.. well actually I got impatient and purchased a car.. but my credit union found an error on my credit report.  I am currently disputing it and decided to send a few good will letters out as well... Target( closed by creditor-later payments..just awful) and Victoria's Secret(charge-off).  i sent them for fun really not expecting them to give in.  Well I heard back from Target. 

I grabbed the target letter and read it , expecting a big fat NO.  I actually expected Target to send " HAHA in your dreams!"

I simply sent them a letter in short like this:  and it worked!

I thank you in advance for reading my letter.  I opened an account with you in 2004,act #xxxxx.  It was mismangaged from the begining and I apologize.  I'm sorry i let you down as a Target customer.  I acknowledge I have not had perfect payment history with you and I apologize.  I hope you can forgive me by deleting the entire account from my credit report.

I humbly ask you to consider this.  I was recently married and I am trying to begin my new life as a mature married woman with good credit.

WOOHOOO!!!!  YAY!  I haven't heard back from Victoria's secret yet.  but I'm hoping.  the charge-off is paid in full and happened six years ago.  I'm hoping they will actually cut me a break!  I'll keep you posted!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

ore to jump with Re: Target Goodwill success!

How much can I expect my score to jump with this negative account removed?

Message 2 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: ore to jump with Re: Target Goodwill success!

@youndANDstupid wrote:

How much can I expect my score to jump with this negative account removed?

Congrats on the GW!. There's no way to accurately predict. Do you have a recent myFICO pull to compare?

There are several factors that come into this. One if how it reports. If the DOLA was recent and the CO recent, and it reported lates every month, then you stand to see a decent increase. If it was CO'd a long time ago, then most of the negative impact diminished. Another is the balance. If it reported a balance and a CL, then in all likelihood it factored into CC util. If that's the case, then you could see a decent bump if util improved. If it was already paid, then there's no impact per util. Length of history comes into play. You mentioned it was from 2004. If your AAoA is older than 7 years, then you could see a nice bump if removed. If this TL is older than your AAoA or your oldest revolving (I think they report as revolving), then you could see a drop. And of course the number of baddies already reporting plays into this too. If the other you mentioned is your last, then you have increased your odds of a nice increase.

Message 3 of 5
bpohl93
Valued Member

Re: ore to jump with Re: Target Goodwill success!

Would you mind PMing me the email address you used?

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

: Target Goodwill success!

I did not email them.  I sent a typed letter signed.  I used the address listed on my Credit Report.  I can list it for you when I get home from work=)

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.