Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target Redcard Debit Card Delinquent?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Target Redcard Debit Card Delinquent?

I have a debit target red card that i stopped using in 2013 when my financial situation took a turn for the worse.  Now it isnt a credit card and nothing is on my reports about it, but I just called them to have my bank information changed over and they said they couldnt do it until i paid a $50 fee that was on the card for two returned payments ($25 each) for $3.81 and $1.28.  I dont need to use the red card and dont really want to give them $50 for basically nothing.  The lady on the phone said "it seems that you didnt even know about these fees because these fees have been on the account since May of 2013".  What action can they take? Can they send it to collections or start reporting on my CRs? Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Pway
Valued Contributor

Re: Target Redcard Debit Card Delinquent?

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a debit target red card that i stopped using in 2013 when my financial situation took a turn for the worse.  Now it isnt a credit card and nothing is on my reports about it, but I just called them to have my bank information changed over and they said they couldnt do it until i paid a $50 fee that was on the card for two returned payments ($25 each) for $3.81 and $1.28.  I dont need to use the red card and dont really want to give them $50 for basically nothing.  The lady on the phone said "it seems that you didnt even know about these fees because these fees have been on the account since May of 2013".  What action can they take? Can they send it to collections or start reporting on my CRs? Thanks!

You is not giving them the money for nothing.  You have two unpaid charges and they stick by their 25.00 per each transaction that is declined.  Even though it is not on your reports it could possibly be on your Chexsystems report.  I would request a copy of that report.  Yes they could possibly send it to collections, I would go ahead and take care of that.

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with the other poster. I had the debit card before too and had to pay I think close to $75 or something for my fees. Target never sent me to collections but who's to say they won't. And I don't even know if they had reported me to ChexSystems as it was years ago and I never checked my ChexSystems report back then. Just to be safe I'd go ahead and pay it. You never know if/when it could pop up somewhere and you'd hate to be trying to apply for credit or a loan and have $50 hold that up or prevent it.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

agh ok ok ill go ahead and pay it.  I hate it though! 3 years and no notice of this and now when i want to start using it they hit me with this. oh well

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.