Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax Lien Release, but Still Being Reported

tag
PayYouNever
Frequent Contributor

Re: Tax Lien Release, but Still Being Reported

@Anonymous wrote:
nope he owed $25,000 for 5 years....they deleted (NOT the CRA) the IRS deleted it!

HappyDays,
Is there any way you can have your son detail what he said to the IRS?

I'm wondering if a GW letter or conversation with the IRS and the State of CA would be beneficial in removing the lien?

Any help from you son would be great.

Thanks,
Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

HappyDays wrote:
nope  he owed $25,000 for 5 years....they deleted (NOT the CRA) the IRS deleted it!

HappyDays,
Yes, please elaborate...  It sounds as if it is no longer on your sons Credit Report...is that correct?

Does he not owe it now?
Property was liened and then the lien released?  
And then the lien was deleted from court records - by the IRS??
What is it that prompted the IRS to do such a nice thing?  Smiley Very Happy

My apoligies for all the questions, but am really interested in any possible ways to do the same thing.  I have talked to the IRS several times aobut my $10,000 lien and always ran into roadblocks. 

Mine is now paid but not released at the courthouse.   It was filed four years ago.  I am planning on just leaving it as is, I don't want to start the 7 year clock ticking again after getting the release recorde.  I  have shown a copy of the release to any potential lenders and they were fine with that. 

thanks
ctRob

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

ctrob wrote:

HappyDays wrote:
nope  he owed $25,000 for 5 years....they deleted (NOT the CRA) the IRS deleted it!

HappyDays,
Yes, please elaborate...  It sounds as if it is no longer on your sons Credit Report...is that correct?

Does he not owe it now?
Property was liened and then the lien released?  
And then the lien was deleted from court records - by the IRS??
What is it that prompted the IRS to do such a nice thing?  Smiley Very Happy

My apoligies for all the questions, but am really interested in any possible ways to do the same thing.  I have talked to the IRS several times aobut my $10,000 lien and always ran into roadblocks. 

Mine is now paid but not released at the courthouse.   It was filed four years ago.  I am planning on just leaving it as is, I don't want to start the 7 year clock ticking again after getting the release recorde.  I  have shown a copy of the release to any potential lenders and they were fine with that. 

thanks
ctRob

He owed IRS $25,000 in 2000   IRS lien on CR.2003.....home is in wife's name only.... He has filed joint for 5 years. nothing additional owed since.
They were going to attached his wages....he asked if he paid $7,000 and made payment arrangment to have it deleted they said yes!  It was deleted from CR 2 days after receipt of &7,000...It was deleted before he even made payment arrangments. this was 4 months ago....he did PIF the rest about 2 weeks ago.

He spok to 1 person & said that he would have $7,000 on XX/XX/2007. He called back the day that he was ready to mail  & got someone else that said that he would not abide by what 1st person said. He asked to speak to superviser & was refused. He called back & got 3rd person.....she made all corrections...he received voice mail & when he returned call it was a superviser....she did not know that he had spoken to another person that fixed everything......super also told him that all calles were recorded & the nasty person would never take another phone call again!...she told him it would be deleted as he was told by person #1 and #3.

Message Edited by HappyDays on 09-14-2007 04:42 PM

Message Edited by HappyDays on 09-14-2007 04:44 PM
Message 13 of 17
PayYouNever
Frequent Contributor

I guess the trick is having a good portion of the back taxes available to pay off and then to speak with a Supervisor. That's good to know.

I expect to have at least half of what I owe by the end of the year, so I'll make the call then and see what happens.

In the meantime, I'm working on getting the rest of the derogs deleted or altered through GW.
Message 14 of 17
prizz4

do you have the phone number that your son called. would like to speak to a actual person. never owed the lien, it was filed in error and was released within days of IRS filing it, but havent been able to get it from CRA's. ANY suggestions or advice?
Message 15 of 17
Jesedmotherof5
Established Contributor

Did you see the application of withdrawl form 668 Y posted on the other tax lein thread today? Its worth a try.
6/9/08 FICO TU 697 EX698 EQ 618uti 6% (once new accounts hit) BIZ- DUNS 80, EX 35
GOAL 2008- 700s+ new car
2010 BE a first time buyer
Message 16 of 17
chartley3
Frequent Contributor

I had a state tax lien of $500 that luckily I was able to get deleted after 2 years of being paid. Its not impossible to get them deleted, its all on who you deal with at the court it was filed in.
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.