Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax Lien Removed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tax Lien Removed

My Experian report was showing a tax lien while my other two reports weren't.  I disputed the lien and it was removed. I thought this would have caused an increase in my score but it actually went down 4 points. How is this possible?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
traveler2005
Established Contributor

Re: Tax Lien Removed

Do you have any other bad items on your report?  Until it is free and clear of all badies, your score wont jump a whole lot. 

Starting Score: TU 573 Exp 523 Lender Pull, Eq 583
Current Score: TU 673, Exp 664.,Eq 672 04/17/2015 TU 741 Equifax 682 Experian 678

Goal Score: 700 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Last HP 6/10/2015
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Tax Lien Removed

I have 4 paid off accounts that have 6 late payments that are 4.5 years old (last late payment was Jan 2012) and 5 cc that have been charged off.  Four of them have a balance and the other one has been paid off.  Would it help if I could get the cc company to settle and pay the balances owed? Hopewfully they would agree to remove them from my credit report.  Lastly, will calling the cc companies and asking about the accounts cause my score to drop?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.