Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax Lien Reporting Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Tax Lien Reporting Question

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok great! I will mail it in. Yes, I have the hard copy of the release the IRS mailed me. Thanks again!

Glad to help.  As much as the IRS is hated I've found them to be very helpful despite all the bueracracy. That form was created specifically to help people rid their reports of tax liens. Make sure you check the box that says something to the effect ' in the best interests of the taxpayer and the government". In the explanation box just say 'lien release is attached. Ctheyvprobably won't notify the bureaus themselves though I've read elsewhere they will.  Once you get the withdrawal file a dispute with all three and it will be removed in days.

Message 11 of 12
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

Re: Tax Lien Reporting Question

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you, Irish80

Anytime.  I just went thru a similar situation.  My lien was from 2005 as well but it was released in 2005.  Due to divorce etc I didn't realize it was still n their until this year.  I learned about the form from these boards.  While uktimatly I didn't need it because of the 7 year rule it does offer people in your situation a way to get it removed now.  My scores jumped dramatically once it was gone.  Best of luck 

Out of curiosity, what did your score jump from and to?

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.