cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax Lien amounts, do they make a difference?

tag
adamkingadam
Regular Contributor

Tax Lien amounts, do they make a difference?

I have two state tax liens that have been paid. The original amounts shown on the liens on the credit report are not the amounts that I actually ended up owing. They are off by about 9,000. My question is, does the $$ amount on a tax lien effect your score differently? Does it make a differeing if it is a $100 tax lien or a $10,000 one?  Is it worth disputing the $$ amount?

Starting Scores: 1/1/2016
EX 600 EQ 598 TU 610
Current Fico Scores (9/2016):EX: 674 EQ: 678 TU: 689
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Tax Lien amounts, do they make a difference?

@adamkingadam wrote:

I have two state tax liens that have been paid. The original amounts shown on the liens on the credit report are not the amounts that I actually ended up owing. They are off by about 9,000. My question is, does the $$ amount on a tax lien effect your score differently? Does it make a differeing if it is a $100 tax lien or a $10,000 one?  Is it worth disputing the $$ amount?

The lien amount is irrelevant it could be as low as $1 and the impact on your score would be the same as 100K, its the fact that it happened that matters, the PR will depress your score the entire time it remains on file, I would be seeking a way to have those liens withdrawn, if they are they are gone from your CRs...

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.