Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax Lien

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tax Lien

I received a notification from Experian that the previously disputed Maryland State Tax Lien had been deleted this afternoon.  I don't understand why it is still showing on my Experian report.... It is now showing with a different identification number.  Is that supposed to happen? Do I have any recourse? Thank you in advance for your advice

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
imandy
Valued Member

Re: Tax Lien

Honestly without knowing how you got it removed in the first place on the other reports I'm not able to provide much information because STATE liens generally are not going to get deleted so I'm assuming that the Lien was invalid.

If it is invalid you should call the Clerk of Court where it was filed and ask how to file to have the Lien Vacated. There is usually a form and a filing fee and you go before the judge and explain why it was invalid and needs to be vacated.  If you have some extra money it's probably worth it to hire an attorney. An attorney can do this for you with a very inexpensive retainer (a couple hours labor $125 an hour or so depending where you're located) You can do it yourself but to me it was worth paying a lawyer $250 and I didn't even have to take the day off work to go to court or nothing.

Once it's vacated you file a dispute with the bureaus and it will be deleted because they cannot validate it.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.