Did you mean: 

Tax lien and letter of vacate

tag
aquatic1
Established Contributor

Re: Tax lien and letter of vacate

@Anonymous wrote:

@aquatic1 wrote:
06, I would love to have the contact information for the NYS Taxation office.  I know Iw asn't served correctly as I was away at school and my parent sent me EVERYTHING that came for m..  I will be calling the county clerks office to see what their records show as to how and/or when I was "served"

I'll PM it to you this evening when I get home.

With a tax lien there is no service.  It is an administrative event that they notify you of after the fact -- if they notify you at all.

I am speechless!  That explins a great deal to me.  What makes it so bad is that I rmember writing the check for the taxes owed ($138) and putting the stamp on the envelope.  It wasn't until I was moving that I found the letter in a bo and by then it was well over a year.  I am still going to call.  Maybe they will have some left over holiday cheer....

Starting Score: EX:603
Current Score: EX:603 (10/16/19)
Goal Score: EX:740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@aquatic1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@aquatic1 wrote:
06, I would love to have the contact information for the NYS Taxation office.  I know Iw asn't served correctly as I was away at school and my parent sent me EVERYTHING that came for m..  I will be calling the county clerks office to see what their records show as to how and/or when I was "served"

I'll PM it to you this evening when I get home.

With a tax lien there is no service.  It is an administrative event that they notify you of after the fact -- if they notify you at all.

I am speechless!  That explins a great deal to me.  What makes it so bad is that I rmember writing the check for the taxes owed ($138) and putting the stamp on the envelope.  It wasn't until I was moving that I found the letter in a bo and by then it was well over a year.  I am still going to call.  Maybe they will have some left over holiday cheer....

Can't hurt to try.

In my experience they are willing to not verify tax liens and child support enforcement liens as long as the underlying debt is paid in full.

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Of course none of the people who were asking for help report back for anyone in the same boat in the future... thanks guys.

Do you guys know anything about this? Wife has a Tax lien from NY Sales and use Tax from the Department of Finance. It was paid in full weeks after it was issued and now we're looking to get it removed since I realized they made it a public record.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.