cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax lien new standards deleted from EQ and Ex with dispute but TU won't delete says verified

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tax lien new standards deleted from EQ and Ex with dispute but TU won't delete says verified

I have 2 paid tax liens and Transunion won't delete them despite them not meeting the new standards 

(The standards will apply to new and existing data in files and will require that the public records sources include the individual's name, address and Social Security number or date of birth.)

What can I do?  They state it's verified as accurate

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Tax lien new standards deleted from EQ and Ex with dispute but TU won't delete says verified

I would take it one step further and file a complaint with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. Make sure to upload a copy of your lien showing the missing infomration with your complaint. Filing with the CFPB should give you a response within 15 days. I am in the same boat as you and have submitted my complaints with the CFPB last week. Just waiting for the verdict. Good luck to you.

Message 2 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Tax lien new standards deleted from EQ and Ex with dispute but TU won't delete says verified

The legal agreement to remove tax liens that do not show at least a DOB or SSN was executed between the CRAs and the office of the AG's of 31 states.

It is not based on any specific provisions of the FCRA, and thus not specifically subject to administrative review by the CFPB.

I would contact the office of the AG for your state to file a complaint for lack of compliance with the settlement agreement, provided you live in a state that was party to the settlement agreement..

What is your state of residence?

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck.  Did you try disputing with TU saying specifically it does not meet standards and and list the stndards?  When we had id theift earlier in the year on mine and dw we had withdrawal and letter from IRS but EQ would not relmove it til we filed a compaint with CFPB.  The other two CB removed very quickly once we supplied withdrawal and said we disputing it under new lien standrards.       

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same issue I'm in NJ

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.