cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax lien showing on report, but I paid it in full one month early!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tax lien showing on report, but I paid it in full one month early!

filed disputes and already called the state, no answer, and emailed the state who had to forward my email to someone above them.

Seriously about to go nuts on someone.

Was originally due a refund, somehow, the state managed to screw things up and said i owed them, refund wasnt alot, neither was what i owed, so i paid it mid october, i got the letter first week of october, late much?

before i paid it i called them four times to make damn well sure this wasnt going to show on a report on my credit in ANY way possible.

paid them mid october, all good, but this week credit karma sent me a notice they freaking put a tax lien on me!!!

it was paid way before i needed to, im not sure where else to go with this, seriously ticked off as i was inching near 780 for my first mortgage. Didnt drop much but a lien showing i have a feeling it wont matter what my score is, its going to screw me big time if its not removed, not just shows up as paid.l

besides suing the crap out of the state, which im not hesitent to do, what would you do to get this removed completely, especially considering its paid? Proof its paid, i also have and included in disputes.   Except to experian, for some reason they only take pdfs.  Dont have time for that this early/yet

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Tax lien showing on report, but I paid it in full one month early!

Make a call to an executive manager at the agency who placed the lien, and explain the situation.

You need someone with authority who can think past the simple ability to have recorded.

The lien must be vacated in order to remove it from the public record, as the CRA picks up and records that information via the public record, and not via credit reporting by the government agency.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Think thats who actually called and left me two voice mails a bit ago, so on the right track, thank you for for confirming.

anything beyond that since its a false lien? 

Is a lawsuit even possible since its "their" mess up that can end up screwing me over?

i dont typically blame people for things, but this time im not taking one for the team so to speak.

Message 3 of 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Think thats who actually called and left me two voice mails a bit ago, so on the right track, thank you for for confirming.

anything beyond that since its a false lien? If its their mistake as Robert says get ahold of senior official who can actually do something about geting it vacated (withdrawn).

Is a lawsuit even possible since its "their" mess up that can end up screwing me over? A suit would only be proper if it in fact was their mistake and they fail to correct their error. Governments are pretty hard to sue so you want to try and work this out with he superiors before even mentioning such an action.

i dont typically blame people for things, but this time im not taking one for the team so to speak.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.