cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technical question about dispute results received from TU

tag
MsPeach

Technical question about dispute results received from TU

These disputes have been ongoing for me and frustrating.. sigh.

Disputed 2 TLs on TU - they were reporting 30 and 60 day lates after I filed BK. I know they cannot do this, so I disputed. TLs are 5 yrs old.

So TU comes back with this response to my dispute:

TL 1 - "Verified, No Change" - the only problem is that they corrected both 30 and 60 day lates as "OK" now.

Q: Can they do that? Can they claim "no problem" and yet clearly change something? I have old record and new record - I can prove they changed things.

TL 2 - "New Information Below" - they just supressed the payment history, so I have no way of knowing whether or not they deleted the late.

I asked for both of these TLs to be deleted. Obviously that did not happen, but I'm concerned TU is being shady to get out of deleting and/or admitting errors.

Any thoughts??

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Technical question about dispute results received from TU

Actually they did what they are supposed to do.  They corrected the incorrect information.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The devil is in the details of exactly what you disputed.

The CRA is requird to either verify the accuracy as reported, correct the inaccuracy, or, if they can do neither, delete until such time as verification is provided.

Yes, it appears contradictory to state that the info is accurate, and yet correct the info. It leaves the resolution of what has or has not been verified as accurate.

However, did they verify some, and corrrect some?

As for whether or not they deleted, you should not have to guess.

A CRA is required to include with their Notice of Results of Reinvestigation a copy of a revised credit report showing any changes made as a result of a dispute.

Message 3 of 6
MsPeach

@RobertEG wrote:

Yes, it appears contradictory to state that the info is accurate, and yet correct the info. It leaves the resolution of what has or has not been verified as accurate.

However, did they verify some, and corrrect some?

As for whether or not they deleted, you should not have to guess.

A CRA is required to include with their Notice of Results of Reinvestigation a copy of a revised credit report showing any changes made as a result of a dispute.

They verified TL #1, saying "no change," yet they clearly corrected it - the months that were "30" and "60" are now listed as "OK." I mean, why not state "updated?" Is it because the OC had it correct and TU had it wrong? Did they even contact the OC as they are supposed to? Were they just trying to get around a delete? It just makes me wonder if they're playing by the rules..

The only "results" I received via paper were copies of the 2 TL results - it was not the full credit report, however I have a monitoring service, so I can see that they did not delete anything. But with TL #2 they have just supressed the payment history - so I have no way of knowing if they corrected the 30 day late..

Just annoying - it flags my "questionable business practices" radar, if you know what I mean..

Thanks for the help!

Message 4 of 6
426MW
New Contributor

I don't know how long you have been trying to repair your credit but stand by for a LOT more of "it flags my "questionable business practices" radar."  That sucker will be out of control shortly!

Starting Score: EQ 553 - TU 569 8-24-12
1-4-13 Scores: EQ 645 - TU 675
3-25-13 Lender pull EQ 646 - TU 687 - EX 647
Goal Score: 700 Across the board before 6-13

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 6
MsPeach

@426MW wrote:

I don't know how long you have been trying to repair your credit but stand by for a LOT more of "it flags my "questionable business practices" radar."  That sucker will be out of control shortly!

Lol! thanks..

been about 1 month of reading + 2 months practicing..

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.