Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telecheck Issue

tag
ABattle
Regular Contributor

Telecheck Issue

So, I go to return something at my local WalMart & I'm advised that I have checks on file & can't return anything.  So, I call Telecheck & they give me a number to contact.  I'm advised that I have a check from 2/13/05 that was written to WalMart.  I ask what bank it was drawn off of, so I can try to figure out what the heck is going on.  They can't tell me the bank only the routing & account number which is useless.  The routing number comes up under Mellon Trust of New England.  I have no freaking idea what this is or where it would've came from & I'm clueless as how to go about investigating this.  I had joint accounts w/my mom & husband, so idk what's going on.  Can anyone suggest how to figure this out?  I will be in check systems until 2/13/2012.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
ABattle
Regular Contributor

Re: Telecheck Issue

Okay, so I contacted this Mellon Trust of NE & they hav no record of me ever having an account w/them obviously since I've never lived in NE, they didn't merge w/any bank here in VA, so I called the CA that's handling this check & advised.  Told them I can't verify that this check is mine & I need to know what financial institution this check was drawn off of, see a copy of the check or something other than a routing number & account number.  I've only had 3 accounts & only one of them was charged off & that was a joint account w/my husband (his fault) &  I know that account number b/c I just sent a PFD letter to RJM yesterday for it.

What do I do to dispute this issue?  I don't want them coming after me for this until I verify it & I would like to be able to write a check or return something if I don't have the receipt.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I realize this probably isnt even your debt (prob someone with the same or similar name) put chexsystems listings only stay on file for 5 years so if this is from 02/13/2005 it should have been "dropped" this year.

Message 3 of 7
ABattle
Regular Contributor

I am in Telecheck which doesn't fall off until 7 years unfortunately.  Chex Systems is 5 years.

Message 4 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

The dispute would be with Telecheck.  I am not sure if they need to provide verification like a normal CRA does.

Find out what you need to do from them.

Message 5 of 7
stoopidmunkee
Regular Contributor

@ABattle wrote:

I am in Telecheck which doesn't fall off until 7 years unfortunately.  Chex Systems is 5 years.

Are those fall of times the same for all states?

CITI - $3500 - CAP1 - $750 - RZMC - $600 - BOA - $600 - CAP2 -$500 - Credit Union $500

TU: 707 (From Wal-Mart's website) * Finally made the 700 club!!!!!!!*
Message 6 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@stoopidmunkee wrote:

@ABattle wrote:

Are those fall of times the same for all states?

Yes

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.