Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tell me if this is right?

tag
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

Tell me if this is right?

I just cant figure this out. I keep getting alerts that potentially negative information has been added to my credit report - and I see that the payment history is going to CO status. The tradelines are right - IIB, zero balance. But what is odd, is the debt was CO'd right after the official filing which was October 23rd of last year.

There is a screen shot below of what I am seeing for all of these TLs that are updating to the CO payment history.

I feel like I am getting hit on my score twice because of this - or is it only based on the TL status?

CR - April.jpg

BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Tell me if this is right?

The BK discharged your obligation for the debt, and they accurately reported the debt balance to $0.

They took a loss on the debt, which permitted them to remove the debt as a receivable asset, and declare as a loss, thus wrting off the loss with the IRS.

They chose to report that CO to your credit report.

Once they reported the CO, they were required to have reported the DOFD on the account to the CRA within 90 days.

The reported CO wll become excluded from your credit report no later than 7 years plus 180 days from that reported DOFD.

The CR does not provide the DOFD, but it is in your credit file.

Message 2 of 3
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

Re: Tell me if this is right?

So am I getting double dinged for this?  The BK and the CO?

BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.