Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tell me some of your stories

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Tell me some of your stories

Donny, did you pay in full or settle your charge offs with Capital One?

Message 31 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well my credit building was kicked off in Jan 2016. I hadnt pulled my CR in over 12 years and knew the only thing on it was my closed Bestbuy Cap1 account from 2003 that had perfect payment history and was closed by me just before I enlisted in the military and my new student loans.

Since redeploying from OIF in 2006 after 18 months of combat duty, I was recruited to work in the Middle East. Been here since and havent needed to worry about my credit.

To my surprise in January when I had my CR pulled there was a chargeoff from 2010 (DFAS) $2122. I was freaked out and called them to discuss and they explained that as soon as its paid they will delete it. I knew from the research I had done that they would remove it once paid. I started making payments on it when others told me not too becauseit will hurt me. I want it off my report before summer otherwise if I let it fall off I will have to wait until possibly 2018 after the 7.5 year mark. Once my payments were reported I received a 23 point increase on EQ.

You can see my starting CS in my signature:

Was approved for BofA Secured Card, Discover Secured, Cap1 Journey (Im a Student), Cap1 QS1. When These reported to the Credit Bureaus my scored shot up into the mid 600's with TU currently at 675.

Do not lose hope, I am very impatient and have found my vice (Credit hunting/building). This has been very much an exciting journey that last month and I hope it will continue like this.

Message 32 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Donny, did you pay in full or settle your charge offs with Capital One?

Actually, neither. I sent Cap1 CEO an email begging for GW deletion (2 charge offs). They could not accept the payment because the accounts were sold to CA's. Long story short, they GW deleted both of them. One was from 2013 and the other was from 2014. Portfolio recovery owned one that was already reporting. I paid them. The other was sold to Praxis who was not reporting but owned the account. I paid them in full and they agreed not to report. Thats how the Cap1 CO's worked out.

Message 33 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Nice job! That's a huge jump in just a few months. Very impressed.

Thanks! Spent every waking hour working on it.

Message 34 of 40
Method2Madness
Regular Contributor

Great thread, OP! I read through the whole thing thus far and continue to be inspired by the headway you've all made. Congrats!

Total Available Credit: $145,950   ||Feb 2018||EQ08-705||EX08-728||TU08-741||

Message 35 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

I posted this just under a month ago...and was feeling very discouraged, but I've had a ton of success of the last 30 days.

I've had 2 PFD's that finally came off my credit and 2 goodwill successes that ranged over 5 accounts from student loans.

I couldn't be more happy. Additionally, my balances were reported to the credit bureaus. (I paid them all below 10%). 

My scores jumped from the 570's to the low 600's now, with my highest FICO being 613 (transunion). I can't believe the progress....

I'm feeling so motivated now!

My credit karma has even shot up from 530 to 622! So thrilled. I use myfico.com for my reporting and CCT (and of course CK to frequently check on my accounts).

Message 36 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I posted this just under a month ago...and was feeling very discouraged, but I've had a ton of success of the last 30 days.

I've had 2 PFD's that finally came off my credit and 2 goodwill successes that ranged over 5 accounts from student loans.

I couldn't be more happy. Additionally, my balances were reported to the credit bureaus. (I paid them all below 10%). 

My scores jumped from the 570's to the low 600's now, with my highest FICO being 613 (transunion). I can't believe the progress....

I'm feeling so motivated now!

My credit karma has even shot up from 530 to 622! So thrilled. I use myfico.com for my reporting and CCT (and of course CK to frequently check on my accounts).

Way too go! Keep up the hard work!!

Message 37 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just broke down in tears.  I finally joined the 700+ club. (and then some!)

This has been 9+ months of letter writing/dispute hell.  I can't thank this community enough.  I really can't.   The information on the forums is priceless.  I knew it would go up this month because I managed to squeeze out 4% utilization, but I had no idea it would go up this much.

Message 38 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's so wonderful to hear how well everyone is doing!

Message 39 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I just broke down in tears.  I finally joined the 700+ club. (and then some!)

This has been 9+ months of letter writing/dispute hell.  I can't thank this community enough.  I really can't.   The information on the forums is priceless.  I knew it would go up this month because I managed to squeeze out 4% utilization, but I had no idea it would go up this much.

I will most likely break down in tears myself when that happens.

I'm practically breaking down in tears as it is, haha. Seems like everyday my score is rising. Just today, it went up another 8 points. 616 transunion now...that's the highest score I've had in 3 years and I've only been trying for a month. Amazing....

Message 40 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.