Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texas DV Fail?

tag
joedtx
Valued Contributor

Texas DV Fail?

I've been working on cleaning up my file. And of course thanks to so many of you out there, i had submitted the appropriate DV letter for my state which is Texas. I received a response today on my first letter it states the following

Regarding your dispute letter, our client cannot provide the requested documentation to validate their claim. We have cancelled and resubmitted the balance to our client. Contact them if you need any information. The debt has not been forgiven and is due to the client, this is validation we no longer handle the account for said client. Our reporting will update the removing of this account from our files allow up to 60 days.

This was Texas DV was responded within 30 days, this balance was from over 7 years and due to fall off in 2015 sol her is 4 years. Not sure what to make of this at this point?

btw: I do not believe this medical practice exists any more? Forgive me if I left anything else out I was not happy about this,

Thanks all

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: Texas DV Fail?

Fail? Looks like a success to me. They are removing the account because they can't validate. Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 9
st789
New Contributor

Can you tell us the name of the collection agency?

Message 3 of 9
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

No validation, and the OC died years ago? Good for you.

Message 4 of 9
joedtx
Valued Contributor

@baller4life wrote:
Fail? Looks like a success to me. They are removing the account because they can't validate. Smiley Happy

Seems like a fail, because if whomever (controlling entity) of prior OC can just restart the clock with a new CA?

Message 5 of 9
joedtx
Valued Contributor

@Burned2manybridgesB4 wrote:

No validation, and the OC died years ago? Good for you.

Not sure what happened to them I had moved and no longer could locate them they either sold/retired I guess? Just worried about this resurfacing, I didn't know about any of  this until I checked my CR

Message 6 of 9
baller4life
Super Contributor

No they cannot restart clock. The DOFD does not change. You won!
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

congratulations this is a win!!!! and as baller said. ...they can NOT restart the clock
Message 8 of 9
joedtx
Valued Contributor

@baller4life wrote:
No they cannot restart clock. The DOFD does not change. You won!

congratulations this is a win!!!! and as baller said. ...they can NOT restart the clock
Thanks I'll update if this changes.
I'LL update if this changes.......gosh I hope 2 years later this doesn't resurface. I guess that's how old threads come back to life.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.