Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texas DV Followup?

tag
renamariee
Contributor

Texas DV Followup?

So I sent out my DV letters and the 30 days have passed with no response but I'm not sure what the next step is?

I know I'm supposed to file a complaint with the TX Attorny General but I'm not sure what exactly I'm supposed to state is my complaint.

I'm also not sure if I'm supposed to send a follow up letter to the CRA and if so, what it needs to contain. Any help would be appreciated.

Starting Score: 587
Current Score: 637
Goal Score: 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Texas DV Followup?

The debt collector is required to respond within 30 days, but is not required to validate within that period.

They can simply make a statement that they are not yet prepared to validate.

The purpose for requiring a response even if it is not validation is that they are then required to delete any collection they have reported.

Thus, your complaint should show that they have failed to respond, and that they additionally have not validated, so they are required to delete their reported collection until they have sent the requested validation.

Message 2 of 4
renamariee
Contributor

Great, thank you for responding. Does this mean I don't need to send anything else to the CA?

I assume that I also need to dispute with the CRAs so that the collections will be removed?

I apologize for all the questions, just want to make sure I do everything right. Thank you again.

Starting Score: 587
Current Score: 637
Goal Score: 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Yes, it is disputable under the FCRA based on a requirment of law.

Whether the CRA will enforce a state provision is yet to be seen.  In prior anecdotal posts here in the forum, the general path pursued has been the filing of a formal complaint with the office of the TX state AG.

They handle and enforce compliance with provisions of state statute, and appear to be the direct path of choice rather than argument before a CRA.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.