Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texas DV Question regarding TFC and 60 day right to cure

tag
Tersie319
New Contributor

Texas DV Question regarding TFC and 60 day right to cure

I happened on another forum discussing DV's for Texas residents.  They suggest sending a CC to bonding company along with CA referencing TX DTPA and a 60 day right to cure.  Do any of you familiar with this think it is necessary?  Just feeling overwhelmed right now.

Starting Score: 7/2/2013: TU 532 FAKO (CK) || 7/22/13: TU 569 FAKO
Current Score: TU 642 FAKO (CK) // EX 640 FAKO
Goal Score: 680

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
ruger33
New Contributor

Re: Texas DV Question regarding TFC and 60 day right to cure

never heard of it, but would be interested in reading if you would PM me a link please

Gardening with one hand as I weed with the other...
400s LP 4/13 525 LP 6/13... Forever climbing,1st goal 600s
Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Texas DV Question regarding TFC and 60 day right to cure

Using the term DV in conjunction with a letter under the TX debt collection statute is mixing apples and oranges.

The DV process is under the federal FDCPA, and the TX process is totally separate.

You are apparently not referencing the parallel Notice of Inaccuracy process under the TX code, which compels response to an asserted inacurracy of the debt or any other records maintained by the debt collector within 30 days.  Rather, you are apparently referencing some other provision of the TX code pertaining to bonding requirements.

Do you have a section of the TX code that relates to bonding?  That would be the source of the answer.....

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.