Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texas Judgment Dismissal

tag
basballguy
Frequent Contributor

Texas Judgment Dismissal

Does anyone know how this works?

I'm not in the mood to wait until June for a Judgement to fall off my CR.  According to the internet I can negotiate pay the original creditor (apartment complex) or whatever for my eviction from 2006 and in exchange  (if they're willing) they can tell the court to dismiss my judgement which would allow it to be removed from my credit report.

Does anyone have any knowledge of this?

I think this would be different than a satisfied judgement?  Also different than vacated.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
jadeite788
Established Contributor

Re: Texas Judgement Dismissal

Um if it falls off in June, why is it that you don't want to wait? Haven't heard patience is a virtue.  Or in  your case in the long run a blessing.  If I was you I  let that mug fall off.    Its past the SOL. 

Starting Score: 565
Current Experian Score: 634 (Lender pull)
Current Equifax Score: previous 668, 680 as of 11/12/13 lender pull
Current Transunion Score: previous 675,677 as of 09/23/13
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 6
basballguy
Frequent Contributor

@jadeite788 wrote:

Um if it falls off in June, why is it that you don't want to wait? Haven't heard patience is a virtue.  Or in  your case in the long run a blessing.  If I was you I  let that mug fall off.    Its past the SOL. 

Because i'm doing a USDA guaranteed loan and i almost make too much money for it.  I get a pay raise in May that will push me over the limits.  So if i wait until June I will no longer qualify.  Smiley Happy.....or I guess in that case it will be a Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 6
jadeite788
Established Contributor

Oh Lawd...everyone else is running to the right and you running to the left.  Well I guess I can't blame ya.

Starting Score: 565
Current Experian Score: 634 (Lender pull)
Current Equifax Score: previous 668, 680 as of 11/12/13 lender pull
Current Transunion Score: previous 675,677 as of 09/23/13
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 4 of 6
basballguy
Frequent Contributor

Following up on this item for those that find themselves in a similar situation in the future:

I went up to the courthouse (JP2 Tarrant County) and they had a process available for individuals who wished to pay the judgments only in the event they cannot pay the original creditor.

Basically I have to send a certified letter to the address as it appears on the original judgment, wait 15 days, and if they don't reply, I can pay the courthouse....and at that point all they do is mark the judgment as satisfied.  They don't remove it, vacate it, or anything.  (Not sure why i exepcted them to).

I talked to a lawyer that specializes in BK, tax liens, judgments, etc thinking there might be a work around as the entity that evicted me no longer exists.  He basically said no.  But in a fancy way.  He said Tarrant County will just end up keeping the money forever. 

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@basballguy wrote:

Following up on this item for those that find themselves in a similar situation in the future:

I went up to the courthouse (JP2 Tarrant County) and they had a process available for individuals who wished to pay the judgments only in the event they cannot pay the original creditor.

Basically I have to send a certified letter to the address as it appears on the original judgment, wait 15 days, and if they don't reply, I can pay the courthouse....and at that point all they do is mark the judgment as satisfied.  They don't remove it, vacate it, or anything.  (Not sure why i exepcted them to).

I talked to a lawyer that specializes in BK, tax liens, judgments, etc thinking there might be a work around as the entity that evicted me no longer exists.  He basically said no.  But in a fancy way.  He said Tarrant County will just end up keeping the money forever. 

That sucks! Fortunately for me, in Florida, if a judgement is satisfied, Florida law permits a judgement to be vacated.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.