Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texas Motion to Vacate

tag
NikJ4
Established Contributor

Texas Motion to Vacate

Need tips and advice. I have paid the judgement and they keep telling me it will be removed. I am not 100% sure so just in case I asked about a Motion to Vacate. They looked at me like I was speaking Martian. Any help would be appreciated. They dont have a form or anything.

Nik J

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Texas Motion to Vacate

who did you ask for a motion to vacate?

You need to file for this motion with the courts which was filed against you. If you do it incorrectly it will be thrown out of court. 

What reasons do you have to vacate the judgement?

Message 2 of 4
NikJ4
Established Contributor

I didnt ask anyone yet for the motion. I was never served. The judgement was placed without my knowledge. I have paid it because when I called a lawyer the amout it would cost to sue would be more than the cost to settle. So now I need to file a motion to vacate. What do I do? I called the court to see if I could the paper work to file the motion and they didnt know what I was talking about with regards to how to file.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

The courts are not allowed to give you legal advice, you need to or a lawyer draw up a motion to vacate paperwork and submit to the courts. You also need to be aware of what each response means and how to handle it if the recipent does respond.

I suggest you call a few laywers and ask to draw up a motion to vacate if you don't feel comfortable or you can research the net and get what you need if you look hard enough.

I'll PM you a lawyer website which offers free advice.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.