Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texas Resident Debt Validation Letter

tag
joedtx
Valued Contributor

Re: Texas Resident Debt Validation Letter

@Cheshiregrl wrote:

I'm Curious cause I'm in the same boat. I sent a tx dv and just got an itemized list back. No current amount due, no date it was turned over to the third party and no surety bond info. What would be the next step?

You have to make sure they are in compliance by responding to the 'full' criteria of the Texas DV process.

Message 61 of 112
joedtx
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have two that just replied with debt validation but nothing about the Texas Surety Bond.What next? Contact the AG?

I would suggest first responding back to the CA with a letter, that includes copies of the letter you sent plus their response along with a detailed explaination of why they are not in compliance with Texas Finance Code 392.202 state this is the last response you will submit before submitting this to the Texas Attorney General send this letter with the attachments CMRR as well to document as proof in the event they do not respond in a 'reasonable' time frame.

The next step after this is here https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov/forms/cpd/form.php to submit the complaint.

Message 62 of 112
st789
New Contributor

I sent a certified letter to cavalry portfolio services regarding an old Chase CC, it's been a month and a half with no response. 

Can somebody guide me thru the next step? 

Message 63 of 112
creditstalker
Frequent Contributor

What if the credit report does not contain the full debt collection account number?

Current FICO 08 as of 06/01/2015 TU 648 EQ 624 EX 602
FICO Mortgage Scores TU 594 EQ 540 EX 642

Message 64 of 112
Shokk
Established Contributor

@st789 wrote:

I sent a certified letter to cavalry portfolio services regarding an old Chase CC, it's been a month and a half with no response. 

Did you send it CMRR?  If so, file a complaint with the CFPB and upload any documentation you have.

I don't know my start scores, but low 500s. 6/2013

2/19/15
EQ FAKO - 638
EX FICO - 665
TU FICO - 697
Message 65 of 112
Shokk
Established Contributor

@creditstalker wrote:

What if the credit report does not contain the full debt collection account number?

Put what part of the number you do have.  They should be able to find it.

I don't know my start scores, but low 500s. 6/2013

2/19/15
EQ FAKO - 638
EX FICO - 665
TU FICO - 697
Message 66 of 112
creditstalker
Frequent Contributor

oh okay Thanks :-) 

I really appreciate all of you! 

Current FICO 08 as of 06/01/2015 TU 648 EQ 624 EX 602
FICO Mortgage Scores TU 594 EQ 540 EX 642

Message 67 of 112
st789
New Contributor

@Shokk wrote:

@st789 wrote:

Did you send it CMRR?  If so, file a complaint with the CFPB and upload any documentation you have.

yes I did. I will do that thanks. anybody know the turn around time on CFPB complaints?

Message 68 of 112
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 69 of 112
Sheridan
Regular Contributor

Saving for future use. This thread is GOLD! 

Message 70 of 112
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.