Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texas Resident Debt Validation Letter

tag
st789
New Contributor

Re: Texas Resident Debt Validation Letter

This has been the most helpful thread to date for me on this site.

I'm curious have any of you had any success removing JUDGEMENTS from your record in the state of Texas? I have one from a studnent loan. 

Message 91 of 112
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am still waiting on my judgement from the CFPB. They should be ruling in the first week of August. As soon as I know I will post something. I did talk to a rep at the CFPB their knowledge is limited because they are not the actual investigators trained to look into this stuff BUT they did say that the company was lying and that was illegal in itself so that looks good for me. Basically this place called the California Business Bureau says I owe medical debt. They have not validated anything to me even though I have asked for it with certified letters, faxes, calls etc. They validated something to the CRA but the law is that they really only have to send them an invoice with very minimal amounts of info. They basically are stalling as long as they can... they are not bonded in Texas, they cannot collect here and cannot give me the proper proof of validation so... hopefully the CFPB sees this and rules in my favor. All of this is holding me up from buying a home. It really sucks these companies can just say you owe something, not prove it and hold you for financial hostage.

Message 92 of 112
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I am still waiting on my judgement from the CFPB. They should be ruling in the first week of August. As soon as I know I will post something. I did talk to a rep at the CFPB their knowledge is limited because they are not the actual investigators trained to look into this stuff BUT they did say that the company was lying and that was illegal in itself so that looks good for me. Basically this place called the California Business Bureau says I owe medical debt. They have not validated anything to me even though I have asked for it with certified letters, faxes, calls etc. They validated something to the CRA but the law is that they really only have to send them an invoice with very minimal amounts of info. They basically are stalling as long as they can... they are not bonded in Texas, they cannot collect here and cannot give me the proper proof of validation so... hopefully the CFPB sees this and rules in my favor. All of this is holding me up from buying a home. It really sucks these companies can just say you owe something, not prove it and hold you for financial hostage.

Simply send these cretins an ITS letter for violating Texas state law. You are a Texas resident and if they think they can ignore the law sue their butts off. Look for an attorney to help you out if need be at consumeradvocates.org

Message 93 of 112
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ha! Exact same one I used! I sent this to every single one of my fiance's creditors and one so far has been replied to and it was deleted from CR. Good luck!

Message 94 of 112
AKO17
Regular Contributor

Thanks all. Going to try my hand at this since I'm a Texas resident. 

Message 95 of 112
st789
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It took CFPB about 3 weeks to complete their investigation and get the deletion FYI. Mine was also a medical acct. Good luck.

Message 96 of 112
BGMWPD320
Regular Contributor

I sent four Texas DV letters today. One to Calvary, one to LVNV, and two to Midland Funding. Has anyone had success with sending them Texas DVs?
Message 97 of 112
Anonymous
Not applicable

@st789 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It took CFPB about 3 weeks to complete their investigation and get the deletion FYI. Mine was also a medical acct. Good luck.

Thanks for replying! A couple of questions... So did the CFPB contact you about this ruling? They said that if I don't hear from them I can consider the investigation closed, but I am not sure what that means. Does that mean closed as in ruled in my favor? The collections agency keeps responding so it is dragging on. Can they CFPB make them erase this debt? Any more info would be appreciated. I am at a loss and worried the CFPB stuff will fall through.

Message 98 of 112
BGMWPD320
Regular Contributor

I received a letter from Midland today in regards to my debt validation letter. They basically responded that they feel the debt is accurate, according to their notes, but they did not provide ANY of the information requested in my debt validation letter.

What should my next step be?
Message 99 of 112
2b2rich
Established Contributor

@BGMWPD320 wrote:
I received a letter from Midland today in regards to my debt validation letter. They basically responded that they feel the debt is accurate, according to their notes, but they did not provide ANY of the information requested in my debt validation letter.

What should my next step be?

Are they reporting it to the CRAs?  Did you reference your rights uner  the Texas Finance Code and specifically request any or all of the following using those rights?

• The name and address of the original creditor
  • The original date of default or non-payment of the debt with original creditor
  • The date the debt was transferred from the original creditor to the third party debt collector
  • The original balance
  • The current balance
  • Any fees added by your agency. Sec. 392.303 (a)(2)
  • Texas Surety bond information as required by Sec. 392.101

There are a few Midland CAs, but the name I hear most is Midland Funding, and a quick search of them shows they have the Texas Surety on file so they should know the rules, unless they're trying to bluff you and really don't have anything that would show this is a valid debt.  

(If it's not Midland Funding, you can do a search yourself for the surety bond, here):

http://direct.sos.state.tx.us/debtcollectors/DCSearch.asp

Chapter 7 Discharged & Closed Jan 2020
Message 100 of 112
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.