cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank God, finally I did it! I am in the 700 club on all 3!

tag
StartinOver
Frequent Contributor

Thank God, finally I did it! I am in the 700 club on all 3!

My last small collection fell off EQ this past month, but TU & EX did not budge and I am in the middle of a mortgage.  I sent a fax to both EX & TU stating I was NOT disputing, but asking for a goodwill gesture of the collection that I felt should fall off at the end of this month to come off a little bit early so that I could obtain more points for my mortgage. Experian responded (gained 25 points) the same day and 2 days later, today, TransUnion responded (gained 52 points). Yippee, I now have a clean report with too many inquiries and too low of available credit, but don't owe anything but school loans (big time).  Those are all my fault.

And I am waiting to hear when my closing date is for my first home.  It would have been the 14th, but Freddie Mac never got the title in their name, so I have now missed the homeowner's exemption and my taxes will double. BUT, I have a very nice, but small 1958 corner lot home buying for $70K, appraised for $80K, with a big yard with many trees & bushes. It is brick and has a new roof, new paint, new carpet and only needs new kitchen counter and to update the bathroom. I also have radient floor heat.

I am so excited! Hang in there, everyone who is new to cleaning up your credit!

4/25/11 FICO: EQ 761....EX 770.....TU 744
3/6/2011 FICO: EQ 710... EX 718... TU 710
09/09 FICO: EQ: 525
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
TheR105
Regular Contributor

Re: Thank God, finally I did it! I am in the 700 club on all 3!

Congratulations on your success! Thanks for telling us to hang in there, its a struggle.
Message 2 of 12
mauve
Valued Contributor

YOU JUST TERRIFIED ME.  The tax records online are saying that the Freddie Mac home I'm hoping to close on on Thursday is still in the name of the former owner.  I've been on top of everyone to get this done and if that happens to me, I just don't know what I'd do! 

StartinOver wrote:

My last small collection fell off EQ this past month, but TU & EX did not budge and I am in the middle of a mortgage.  I sent a fax to both EX & TU stating I was NOT disputing, but asking for a goodwill gesture of the collection that I felt should fall off at the end of this month to come off a little bit early so that I could obtain more points for my mortgage. Experian responded (gained 25 points) the same day and 2 days later, today, TransUnion responded (gained 52 points). Yippee, I now have a clean report with too many inquiries and too low of available credit, but don't owe anything but school loans (big time).  Those are all my fault.

And I am waiting to hear when my closing date is for my first home.  It would have been the 14th, but Freddie Mac never got the title in their name, so I have now missed the homeowner's exemption and my taxes will double. BUT, I have a very nice, but small 1958 corner lot home buying for $70K, appraised for $80K, with a big yard with many trees & bushes. It is brick and has a new roof, new paint, new carpet and only needs new kitchen counter and to update the bathroom. I also have radient floor heat.

I am so excited! Hang in there, everyone who is new to cleaning up your credit!

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice work!

So you can write the CA's and ask for a goodwill? How close was this to falling off?

Message 4 of 12
guydiver
Established Contributor

Congratulations on your new home, and welcome to the 700 club.

Message 5 of 12
veracious
Established Contributor

Congratulations!! , StartingOver

Relax for a bit , enjoy the  fruits of your hard work, then attack the next goal.

Best of luck .

tntexans72
Valued Contributor

Congrats for the 700 club and getting the nice home you described.

Message 7 of 12
StartinOver
Frequent Contributor

Thanks everyone for the congrats.

Mauve, hope your situation works out to close on time.

Sheadogg, I could have contacted the CA (colloction agency), but instead contacted the CRAs (collection reporting agencies: TransUnion & Experiam). One CRA listed drop off date as 5/1 and another said 6/1. Equifax actually dropped it a little bit early without me requesting it. That gave me hope the othersight, too, if I asked nicely and stated I was not disputing anything.
4/25/11 FICO: EQ 761....EX 770.....TU 744
3/6/2011 FICO: EQ 710... EX 718... TU 710
09/09 FICO: EQ: 525
Message 8 of 12
DI
Super Contributor

Congrats!

Message 9 of 12
ronniejr
Valued Member

super congrats!!  The GW letters worked (guess TU and EX are not so cold hearted after all.. who knew? Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.