Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank You! A couple more Qs though.

tag
brainysmurf
Contributor

Thank You! A couple more Qs though.

I refreshed my Score Power today after dispute results. I started this journey with a 621 EQ FICO.

Today I'm at 674!!

I have 3 CCs now, all new, which killed my AAoA. Only 2 are reporting so far

1 - Orchard Bank $300 CL $0 Balance

2 - Cap One Sec. $1000 CL $16 Balance

3 - NFCU  $8000 CL I plan to have $500-$800 Report. This is daily spender, sock drawering others.

I also recently got a new auto loan with CHASE, $24k. And my previous loan is still reporting a balance.

I have an NFCU auto loan that I never accepted the check for, but they are reporting with $0 bal.

I plan on GWing this away, because my AAoA has taken too many hits as is. 

My average age is now 3.9 Years, 11 Accounts, 4 "opened in the past year" (month really)

I'll soon have a fifth new account once the NFCU CC posts.

So, questions.

Will my score go up with higher util?

ScorePower says "There is no recent activity on your revolving accounts." I think $16 out of 1.3k is too low.

Should I bother with the GW to NavyFed on the unused auto loan?

I don't want to upset them, they did give me an 8k CC.

I plan to "GW" Orchard and tell them I'm closing the account either way. I currently have a statement credit for AF adjustment.

I was going to offer to forfeit this $59 in exchange for deletion, will this help?

Should I expect an increase once my trade in auto loan is paid off? It's 12k of my 38k installment debt.

Thanks again to this community! Having you all as a resource has proved invaluable.

Score

EX / EQ / TU FICO
Start: ? / 633 / 621 March 2011
Current: 751 / 760 / 750 (PSECU, SW, QM)
My Wallet: Fidelity Amex 5k, NFCU CashRewards 10k,
SD: Barclays Apple 1.2k, Amex Zync NPSL, HomeDepot 1.2k
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
mauve
Valued Contributor

Re: Thank You! A couple more Qs though.

Ideal utilization is based on the % used on individual and overall revolving credit, not on the $ amount.  I personally pay off all of my CC balances the day or the day after they recognize a balance, with the exception of my rewards card, which I pay in full every pay day and then I pay it off again before the statement cuts if I feel the balance is too high then.  You don't have to be reporting a balance for the cards to be considered active and in use.

Paying down installment debt may bump your score, but not by much at all.  You may see a drop in score once you pay off installment accounts.

If you can get some of those tradelines gone, more power to you.  If you can't, I'd just sit on those tradelines and let them age.

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.