cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank You Letter to CA after Goodwill Delete?

tag
silentdance
Valued Member

Thank You Letter to CA after Goodwill Delete?

I actually just tried a goodwill letter for the first time on 5/4/09. I mailed a hard copy directly to the CA & emailed an executive whose email I found using Spoke. I got a response yesterday (5/7/09) via email from the CA (Credit Management) saying they were going to delete the collection entry altogether & that it would show on my credit reports within 7-10 days. I am so excited! I cannot believe the success and the turnaround time. There really are nice people at collection agencies. Granted, this debt was paid in full over 5 years ago, so I'm sure that helped, but this is still such a pleasant surprise. I'm now officially on the goodwill bandwagon.

My question is, after receiving a response, has anyone ever replied with a thank you letter via email or snail mail? Didn't know if that might be considered overkill.

Starting Score: TU 552 EQ 565
Current Score: TU 665 EQ 674
Goal Score: 700+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

As a new (single) mom, my goal is to buy a great house by 2012. I'm busting tail to better my credit one day at a time, thanks to the help of this forum.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Thank You Letter to CA after Goodwill Delete?

Can you private message me the email address for the CEO at Credit Managment? Thanks I have an old collection I would like to see go...
Message 2 of 5
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

I also had a collection with CMI.  I emailed the CEO and requested it be deleted.  I got a response back from the CSR that it was being deleted.  I sent the CEO another email thanking him and telling him what a professional the CSR was (she helped me with getting the collection updated in a quick turn time with the OC).  I never heard back from him but I just wanted him to know how much I, as a consumer, appreciated the assistance.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is SPOKE?
Message 4 of 5
silentdance
Valued Member

Google it. It's a website with business contact info for execs.

Starting Score: TU 552 EQ 565
Current Score: TU 665 EQ 674
Goal Score: 700+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

As a new (single) mom, my goal is to buy a great house by 2012. I'm busting tail to better my credit one day at a time, thanks to the help of this forum.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.