Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank you CapOne!

tag
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

Thank you CapOne!

Got to love CapOne

I had an old charge off reporting from them that was due to falloff on 2019, and looks like CapOne just removed it without me asking them about it.
Its off on TU and EQ, but not yet on EX.

I hope they make this an annual practice as Christmas gift for people that they given a second chance.

Working to clean the credit file is very hard, its great to see a bank that appreciate people who try to rebuild their  credit.

Thank you CapOne!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Thank you CapOne!

I had the same thing happen to me.. two charge off removed the eq and Tu, and one of the two is gone from ex still waiting. Very pleased by the way
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

It will more than likely reappear with a different debt collector.

Message 3 of 7
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

^ second that. Although legally all they are required to do is report a $0 balance as they were the OC for the account. Kind of weird that they removed there reporting entirely.
Don’t take your credit for granted, use it with care! These days, catch me in the bankruptcy forum!?
Message 4 of 7
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It will more than likely reappear with a different debt collector.

No, no! this was a charge off that was settled in collection and againg to be removed from CR by 2019.

Message 5 of 7
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

You might be golden then!
Don’t take your credit for granted, use it with care! These days, catch me in the bankruptcy forum!?
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Woah, that's like the opposite of what they've been doing with me. Sometimes I think they've been trying to purposely poison my credit report!

Hey though, I complain, but CapOne has helped me a lot with the two cards they've given me since I messed up the old college one. They're tons better than CreditOne and their ilk.

Edit: I just read the other replies again and noticed that you settled with them at some point. This is good info, it means people might increase their chances of getting a couple years off for good behavior if they settle. Were my debt a few years younger, I would have put that down as something to try. I wonder how common it is for them to do this?

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.