cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank you! Everyone's help saw me gain over 130 points in a month!

tag
importking

Thank you! Everyone's help saw me gain over 130 points in a month!

Thanks guys! I used a lot of info from here to help improve my score.  I was at 551 for months on end. No matter what I did or paid, it stayed the same. Then I neared my limit of $500 on my Orchard Bank card. (They suck.)  So, it went down to 529 on July 11th. For some reason, my Capital One card that has had a $200 limit for the last 9 years, is not reported to credit bureaus as a Credit Card and doesn't count towards my credit usage (Someone please explain that).

But, that is besides the point. I went from 529 to 665 in less than a month.  I tried GW letters to no avail, but I disputed some items that were removed, and the remaining balances from Collectors were paid off, and I paid down my Orcard Bank to $350. I have some baddies from Wells Fargo from my student loans, because they LOST my forbearance requests while I was in school and had 5 loans 120+ days late....I have been fighting that for the last 3 years.

I have not had a late payment in 2 years.  Now that my credit is better, is there any credit card anyone recommends apping for?

I have only two inquiries on my report. One is for a merchant account that I set up with Intuit for my business, and one is for Best Buy Reward Zone card that I did not get because I failed my identity questions. Thanks guys! Oh yeah. I have a Orchard Bank with $500 and an annual fee, a Capital One with $200, and a CareCredit acct with $3000. What should I do next?

Starting Score: 529
Current Score: 664
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: Thanks guys! The collective's help made me gain over 100 points in a month!

@importking wrote:

Thanks guys! I used a lot of info from here to help improve my score.  I was at 551 for months on end. No matter what I did or paid, it stayed the same. Then I neared my limit of $500 on my Orchard Bank card. (They suck.)  So, it went down to 529 on July 11th. For some reason, my Capital One card that has had a $200 limit for the last 9 years, is not reported to credit bureaus as a Credit Card and doesn't count towards my credit usage (Someone please explain that).

But, that is besides the point. I went from 529 to 665 in less than a month.  I tried GW letters to no avail, but I disputed some items that were removed, and the remaining balances from Collectors were paid off, and I paid down my Orcard Bank to $350. I have some baddies from Wells Fargo from my student loans, because they LOST my forbearance requests while I was in school and had 5 loans 120+ days late....I have been fighting that for the last 3 years. But, I have not had a late payment in 2 years. 

Now that my credit is better, is there any credit card anyone recommends apping for?

I have only two inquiries on my report. One is for a merchant account that I set up with Intuit for my business, and one is for Best Buy Reward Zone card that I did not get because I failed my identity questions. Thanks guys! Oh yeah. I have a Orchard Bank with $500 and an annual fee, a Capital One with $200, and a CareCredit acct with $3000. What should I do next?

Welcome to the forums,

I put in spaces as it is easier to read. You can edit your post by selecting options on your message.

IMHO, I believe you'll get more replies that way.Smiley Wink

Congrats on no lates for the past 2 yrs. Keep up the good work.

Also you have came to the right place to learn all about CS,CR's and etc.

After not having a CC since 2002, I was approved for Orchard CC in 08 with 200CL,now it's 500.

In 2010 was approved for Discover for $2k.  So I would say try Discover.

Have a good weekend. bye

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 7
snowangel
Frequent Contributor

I have some baddies from Wells Fargo from my student loans, because they LOST my forbearance requests while I was in school and had 5 loans 120+ days late....I have been fighting that for the last 3 years. But, I have not had a late payment in 2 years.  If you were in school during that time, NSLDS will automatically defer your student loans for in school status.  You can go their website and view every student loan you took out and view it's details and history.  I would print that info out and dispute it with your lender. 

EQ: 662 | TU: 682 | EX Plus: 764
SL baddies fall off between Jan '13 - Oct '14
Message 3 of 7
importking

Thank you for that bit of information!   I do believe I will be doing that later on today!

Message 4 of 7
importking

Thanks for all of your help, and for your recommendation!

Based on your recommendation of Apping for Discover More, I did, and I was approved for a $3000 CL. I think I may app for one more card and then call it quits for a few years. From there, I will see how my accounts mature.

Message 5 of 7
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Headed for that goal score!   Congrats on your progress so far!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 6 of 7
mamahearts
Frequent Contributor

Re: Thank you! Everyone's help saw me gain over 130 points in a month!

Great job!  Keep up the hard work!!!

myFICO starting TU 683 8/26/11
myFICO starting EQ 645 8/26/11
myFICO EQ 652 9/26
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.