cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank you, Forum members!!!! One question though.....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, Forum members!!!! One question though.....

First of all, I have had a couple of my paid collection accounts deleted thanks to the awesome advice on this forum.  The latest was Calvary, and although we agreed on the phone to PFD, they refused after I paid... contacted the BBB, and after 4 weeks of waiting... it was FINALLY removed!!

I've done all I can to clean up my CR, except for 2 unpaid collections on my account.  The first is from National Credit  Adjusters, and I've never received ANYTHING from them... it just keeps hanging out on my CR... Here's the info:

Collection Agency-NcaNational Credit Adjust
Original Lender-01 HsbcHsbc
Original Balance-$2,993$2,993
Current Balance-$2,993$2,993
Status-Collection accountAccount seriously past due date/account assigned to attorney, collection agency, or credit grantor's internal collection department
Date Assigned-Mar 23, 2009Mar 23, 2009
Account Number-XXXXXXXXXXXX95266011XXXXXXXXXXXX
Account Holder-IndividualIndividual
Description-Account information disputed by consumer

-

Now, the date on my HSBC timeline says the last payment was made on July 1, 2008.  NCA got this account in March of 2009.  So first, which date do I use for when this will fall off my CR?  Also, since this is sooooo old and is past the SOL in my state, should I send a DV letter?? I don't want to restart any clock!!!

ANY help is appreciated, because I couldn't have jumped into the 600's without all of your help! Thank you!!!!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Re: Thank you, Forum members!!!! One question though.....

July or August of 2015. The dates of fall off should be listed if you pull your free transunion report. I use that one to quide me where the information is missing on the other reports.
Signature needs updating
Message 2 of 11
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

@Imperfectfuture wrote:
July or August of 2015. The dates of fall off should be listed if you pull your free transunion report. I use that one to quide me where the information is missing on the other reports.

That's possible, not not entirely correct. Per the statement from the OP, listing July '08 as the DOFD, it can potentially stay until Jan '16, with removal by Feb 1st, 2016 at latest, per FCRA605(c), which determines the maximum listing time allowed by law. If the item isn't removed at the end of 7.5 years max window, then it's a 650(a) violation, and punishable by fine.

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP you did a great job chasing that down through the BBB.  But next time IMHO get it in writing b/c you really should never take their word for it.

Message 4 of 11
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Per partially not correct, I just ordered my reports to begin the expulsion process (mine are falling off now). TU and EX (haven't checked EQ lately, full report, because they are on score watch), are listing statements as this will stay on reports for 7 years.

No more 7.5. (it's how I got my baddies on tu early excluded this week, just waiting for the Pfd non answer as part of dispute). Even eq is starting to be nice to consumers, the US version, over the phone, they will delete about 1 month early.
Signature needs updating
Message 5 of 11
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

@Imperfectfuture wrote:
Per partially not correct, I just ordered my reports to begin the expulsion process (mine are falling off now). TU and EX (haven't checked EQ lately, full report, because they are on score watch), are listing statements as this will stay on reports for 7 years.

No more 7.5. (it's how I got my baddies on tu early excluded this week, just waiting for the Pfd non answer as part of dispute). Even eq is starting to be nice to consumers, the US version, over the phone, they will delete about 1 month early.
@IME, I've had TU drop @ 6.5, EQ  @ 7, and EX @ 7.3
It's nice when it happens, but the there's no guarantee with every individual's results. 
Message 6 of 11
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

I think the golden rule as mentioned above is seven years plus 180 days from the DoFD. Again, there is no guarantee some will drop off earlier, but many of us here can attest that they have come off sooner than planned.

With that said, what are your plans?
BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, I'm not sure what I should do....  The account is closed, so I don't know how to proceed with getting this removed.  I guess I'll wait to see if it falls off.   I have the same problem with Midland.  I "owe them" $309, and I would gladly pay... but they closed the account and sent it to ERC.  ERC has not contacted me, and this has been almost 3 months ago.  Nothing on my CR, Nothing sent to my address, No phone calls... NOTHING.  But Midland still has it on my CR.

I know this...... I got into financial trouble during a difficult divorce, raising a child on my own (still no child support in almost 10 years) and I've made it through.  Once I get these 2 accounts off my record, along with a bankruptcy that's supposed to fall off early next year (again, divorce) I will NEVER get into financial trouble again!!!!!

This forum really is amazing, and I have honestly had my credit score jump almost 100 points over the past 5 months.  Thank you thank you for all of the wonderful advice.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

sawI had an old jewelery store Bill on my credit, called them up said they sold my debt to nca called them up 1-800-286-5427 spoke to a guy named Eric (Ext:1525) he verified they did have it in his office. I asked him why his company doesn't show on my credit ? He explained that they stopped reporting to people's credit around June of 2012. he did let me know that if I paid the bill they do update with original company so they can remove Bill from my credit! Asked for it in writing. Eric said no problem emailed me a letter and sent me a hard copy even offered me a settlment of 60% $348.13 of what I originally owed "Jared" (jewelry store) paid settlment Eric Actually called me once payment posted and let me know he had already sent me out a paid in full receipt letter to my address and email. Checked my Equifax credit report 2 months later and account was gone! Eric was professional very friendly and did not try the typical jerkoff collector moves like threats and harassment That I have dealt with in the past! Said to call him if I ever had questions or concerns about anything including any questions about other debt I may owe even if he can't help me resolve it he said he can help me with knowing how to deal with collections and the rights I have, now that's what I'm talking about! If you have debt and national credit adjusters has it call Eric EXt# 1525 he is the only debt collector I have ever dealt wity that actually made me feel better after the collection call! Lol
Message 9 of 11
DueDilligence
Contributor

Great experience!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.