Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank you HSBC/Best Buy!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you HSBC/Best Buy!

I wrote a letter to the CEO of Best Buy last week (emailed him a letter, I should say) - and I heard back on Friday. They've decided to delete all the negatives (30, 60, and 90 day lates!) from my account so it will now be reporting positively!! WOO HOO!

Since starting on my mission in February I have really cleaned up a lot of my credit thanks to emailing CEO's!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Thank you HSBC/Best Buy!

Congrats on the progess Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 9
tullz85
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! I work for BBY. The CEO is a pretty cool guy from what I've gathered. He's all about the people!
Message 3 of 9
msdraglox
Regular Contributor

I know this is a long shot but could you PM me the email address you used? I have had no luck with them and I only have one 30 late with them from 2yrs ago.

Started at 586 EQ and 604 TU in 8/2009
565 EQ Oct 09
614 EQ Dec 09
624 EQ Feb 10 ---604 TU Jan 10
643 EQ March 10 --from lender
Current 573 TU (myfico) 632 EQ (from lender) Jan 11
Message 4 of 9
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@msdraglox wrote:

I know this is a long shot but could you PM me the email address you used? I have had no luck with them and I only have one 30 late with them from 2yrs ago.

This thread is over 18 months old so you might not get an answer. I just wanted to let you know.  Smiley Happy

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 5 of 9
msdraglox
Regular Contributor

thanks, I noticed that but I was hoping that anyone who had luck would respond also.

Started at 586 EQ and 604 TU in 8/2009
565 EQ Oct 09
614 EQ Dec 09
624 EQ Feb 10 ---604 TU Jan 10
643 EQ March 10 --from lender
Current 573 TU (myfico) 632 EQ (from lender) Jan 11
Message 6 of 9
shane82388
Established Contributor

Yeah, the actual letter would be nice to see too...multiple tries of mine havent worked...

Message 7 of 9
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Just address your own GW to the CEO. There are many good examples in forums, just have to implement your own wording to be convincing for your situation and the possibility of being beneficial to them and yourself. Good Luck

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 8 of 9
belle032

Congrats  2plus2!  So I have been working on my rebuilding my credit and have made significant progress over the last 6 months.  I was just reading other threads on writing letters to have negative history removed.  I never knew you could do such a thing!  Smiley Surprised Can you give me more details on what you did?  Did your HSBC account just have a history of late payments?  Would you mind either sharing the letter you sent or summarizing what it said?  History of on time payment is one of the things really hurting my score and I know this just takes time to rebuild.  I need to find out more information on these goodwill letters!  Thanks!!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.