Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank you all! =D

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all! =D

Good evening, everyone!  Although this will be my first post, I've been reading and following posts here for several months.  After a few bad mistakes and job loss in my early 20s I really fell off the bandwagon.  7 items in collections, a vehicle that was nearly repossessed..  Needless to say I was really not making wise decisions with my money (and my financial future),

Last summer/fall I started to have some serious car troubles.  It was a wakeup call.  With no real savings, 0 accounts open/in good standing and nothing but a Michael Bay movie of a credit history I was faced with reality.  Ignoring my mistakes and not repaying my debts wasn't making anything any better.  Declining those collections calls or refusing to open their demanding letters wasn't going to make it all go away,  In fact, it was only making things worse.  So 10/2013 I began taking those calls and reading those letters.  Sure, it's embarassing to admit to making huge financial mistakes but it happens.

Well, since beginning this journey with 0 anything I've been able to finance a new car (YAY!) at a rate I can handle through Ally, raise my credit score more than 70 points, pay off 6/7 accounts and I've been able to secure the following:

First Premier Bank - $400

Fingerhut - $1,100

WalMart - $300

Jared/Kay - $2,800

VERVE - $500

Emblem - $300

Gettington - $600

Capital One Secured - $500

Boy what a difference a few short months can make!  I know some people will laugh, but I'm damn proud of my progress even if it comes with a $300 credit limit. If it wasn't for  the product reviews, personal stories and some great advice on these boards i doubt I'd be making any of this progress. The myFICO forums have proven to be an invaluable resource.  I've ultimately learned that credit management is a marathon, not a sprint.  I'm in this for the long haul and I wanted to say THANK YOU to everyone here!

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Mayn
Regular Contributor

Re: Thank you all! =D

Right on,  messages like these give hope to others such as myself.  Thank you, and congrats.

Message 2 of 14
myjourney
Super Contributor

Welcome to the forum and congrats 

Time to garden wouldn't you say now and raise those seedlings to trees

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks to you both for the kind messages.  I really couldn't be happier and I'm really excited to see what this next year will bring. =)

Message 4 of 14
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

Congrats!!

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

"Michael Bay movie of a credit history"

LOL - I think you just described ME.

Message 6 of 14
NCRunner
Valued Member

Way to go! Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congradulations! This is inspiring and great news for you!  

Message 8 of 14
MadTechnologist
Frequent Contributor

Wow, congrats. glad to hear things are looking up! My advice is to always keep hope alive and do the best you can, when you can. I've had a few times where I got frustrated with it all, but thanks to the good people of this forum, I was able to calm down and get my head back in the game. Don't be afraid to ask questions or seek advice here either, even if you don't get answered the first time. But anyway, congrats again and good luck on your credit journey! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 611 (02/28/2014 EQ MyFico) 608 (Barclays TU 03/28/14)
Current Score: 665 (05/13/16 EQ) 655 (05/13/16 TU) 672 (05/13/16 EX) Gardening since 04/30/2016
Goal Score: 740+ All Around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 9 of 14
justrock
Frequent Contributor

I've had awesome luck with Gettington.  They started me off in Nov 2013 with a $300 credit limit.  I bought a few little things here and there, paid it off, and they started sending me love letters!! As of today my CL with them is $2800, the highest of all my limits.  I've never asked for an increase, they just keep giving them to me!

Starting Score: 597
Current Score: TU 720 EQ 648
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.