Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank you everyone.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you everyone.

Hi everyone! It has been a while since I last posted. I started my credit journey about a year ago and I have learned a lot and also accomplished a lot. Thanks for the great advice I have since built and closed on a home. I started out with not so great credit with collections, charge offs and a lower end score. I applied to capital one for two different quicksand one cards a year ago with credit lines of 300 and 500. Now those cards are as of today at 3300 and 5000. I am Most thankful for my wonderful home. Thank you to all that helped me. Keep up the wonderful work.
7 REPLIES 7
Cherekas
Frequent Contributor

Re: Thank you everyone.

Congratulations to you! I hope to be in your position within a year also. I have 2 charge offs that I will be settling soon and hope to see an increase after this because it appears to be suppressing my score. Can you share what type of increase you started to see after they were paid? Congrats on your new home!! I also have benefited from learning so much from the forum so I agree with you there as well.

Score: F8 EQ 609, EX 597, TU 614 (1/17) Current Score: F8 EQ 701, EX 714, TU 689 (12/18)

Goal Score: 700+ across all 3--Gardening until May 2019
USAA Amex-USAA Rate Advantage VS- Amex Gold- Amex Delta Blue- Macys- NYC CC- Victoria's Secret- Cap 1 QS- NFCU CR- Care Credit- Firestone- Sams Club CC- Best Buy Visa- Paypal 2% MC

Total CL $96,300
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

During my process basically I just used my 2 Capital one cards alot and made multiple payments. I also never let my balances report more than 9% of the limit and also made sure that one of the cards reported a zero balance. I was also lucky enough to get a sprint collection recalled and then paid it and the collection agency removed with a bit of negotiation. I had 2 citi card charge offs that I settled before they where able to be sent to collections. It was a nerve racking experience after pre-approval on my mortgage until the home was completed but it all worked out. I now have the knowledge and better judgment learned from this won forum to keep all the hard work in the positive.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

My starting mid score was a 620, when I closed it was a 650.keeping in mind that I do I a pretty large charge off looming around so that may be suppressing my scores potential. My credit is still a work in progress but should be completely cleared up by 2020 when the settled accounts reach there statue of limitations.
Message 5 of 8
Cherekas
Frequent Contributor

Thank you for that information. My credit files will also be on the mend and looking awesome by 2020. I am surely looking forward to clean files. Both of my charged off accounts will be aging off that year even though one will be available for early exclusion by Dec 2019. I am thankful for life experiences and all the knowledge I've learned through this blog. Its priceless! 

Score: F8 EQ 609, EX 597, TU 614 (1/17) Current Score: F8 EQ 701, EX 714, TU 689 (12/18)

Goal Score: 700+ across all 3--Gardening until May 2019
USAA Amex-USAA Rate Advantage VS- Amex Gold- Amex Delta Blue- Macys- NYC CC- Victoria's Secret- Cap 1 QS- NFCU CR- Care Credit- Firestone- Sams Club CC- Best Buy Visa- Paypal 2% MC

Total CL $96,300
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi everyone! It has been a while since I last posted. I started my credit journey about a year ago and I have learned a lot and also accomplished a lot. Thanks for the great advice I have since built and closed on a home. I started out with not so great credit with collections, charge offs and a lower end score. I applied to capital one for two different quicksand one cards a year ago with credit lines of 300 and 500. Now those cards are as of today at 3300 and 5000. I am Most thankful for my wonderful home. Thank you to all that helped me. Keep up the wonderful work.

Super Congratulations on accomplishing so much including a home within a year!!!

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

This forum is so amazing. Stories like this are such an inspiration.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.