Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank you myfico!

tag
sudofdisk
Valued Member

Thank you myfico!

I don't post here very often, and I don't even lurk as much as I used to but I do feel compelled to give back in the way of encouragement for those who may be just starting on the path to rebuilding their credit.

I have achieved another self-defined milestone in my credit recovery. When I started reading here in Feb of '08 my scores were mid to low 400's (I don't remember them all, but my lowest was 415. That kind of number sticks with you). Thanks to all that I have learned and applied my scores today are ~670 and on the 21st of Sept I closed on my first home. When I began rebuilding this was one of my final goals, and I never thought I would be able to achieve it in such a relativly short amount of time.

To all who are working hard at bringing these numbers up, stick with it. Time (and money) does in fact heal all wounds. Never be late. Don't give up. A quote that stuck with me through the frustrating times:

“Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan "press on" has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."  -Calvin Coolidge

Thanks again to all who contribute here!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Thank you myfico!

Thanks for taking the time to share your success!

FICO scoring is rarely logcal, particularly to one who first encounters it.

Advice on this site, just as advice from your spouse, is not always infallible.  But it is given in true sentiment of honesty and caring.

I dont carry a FICO banner on my car and am not at flag-waving advocate of all that FICO does.

But I dont know of many major corporattions who would put up a consumer web-site such as myFICO, and more importantly give consumers a forum to ask. sjhare, and express thier own subjective,and hopefully, objective opinions, regarding the very product that they sell.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.