cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank you, thank you!

tag
cdlam4

Thank you, thank you!

This is my first post here but just wanted to give a big thank you to this community! I have felt so buried in debt (mostly medical) the last 10 years that I truly thought that there was no way back from it so didn't even bother. It just depressed me to think about it so I chose not to and just ignored it. My husband and I were forced to look more closely at our situation this year because we have gotten to a point that we have to pursue purchasing another home.

When checking our credit scores/reports here in September, my husband's were (EQ) 576, (EX) 541 and (T) 554. Mine were (EQ) 522, (EX) 562 and (T) 556- sad, I know. Neither of us had any revolving credit at all. The only positive was a 3 year old car loan with no missed payments and my newest student loan (there are a number of older ones which are all collection accounts). Both reports have many collections- all medical and student loans- some paid, some not. After lurking here and realizing that our situation isn't completely hopeless, we began looking at our reports and putting in the work to try and fix them. Through a combination of PFD, applying for hospital assistance and working on cleaning up the student loan records, we have been able to get our scores up to: husband's- (EX) 633, (EQ) 586 and (T) 600; and mine- (T) 668, (EX) 638, and (EQ) 547 (can't seem to get this one to go anywhere but still better than before). We have both been able to get new revolving credit and found out we were eligible to join NFCU- who have been awesome. We still have a long way to go but it doesn't seem impossible anymore!

Thank you again for all of the information provided here. There is no way we would have been able to have gotten this far without this community!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Startome
Regular Contributor

Re: Thank you, thank you!

+1

I love hearing about people who are helped by this forum, it's exciting!

And hospital assistance is amazing =D

Current: EQ FICO 0, TU FICO 0, EX FICO 0 | Starting Score: 0 (08/21/2013)

Starting total revolving credit: $0 | Current total revolving credit: $1600.00

Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 3-4 TU Unsure EX Unsure | Most Recent: 8/19/2013

2013 Goals:
1,000.00 Emergency Fund
1,000.00 Emergency Fund, AGAIN
Mechanically Sound Car
Unsecured Card

Fifth Third $300
U.S. Bank Harley Davidson $300
Capital One Platinum $500
2nd Capital One Platinum $500

Message 2 of 4
notfancy
Valued Contributor

That is really nice progress, and uplifting. I hope you'll keep letting us know how things turn out for you!!

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 3 of 4
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Welcome to the forum! Congratulations on your successful rebuild.  Stories like yours are an inspiration to us all. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.