Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thanks - Current Status - Suggestions Welcomed

tag
ApexdvToo
Regular Contributor

Thanks - Current Status - Suggestions Welcomed

Hi all!,

First, thanks for all the advice and encouragement – you guys are true gems and are greatly appreciated.  Now … today, round two of my GW's were sent in the mail as the first set yielded no positive deletions.

GW 1: New Millennium Bank: Paid CO ... GW for TL deletion ... I found the name of an individual in charge of credit lending so I sent a lovely letter to her.  I'll update on the result if/when I hear back

GW 2: Citi/Shell: One 30-day & one 60-day from 2010 - perfect other than that ... frustrating because the 30 & 60 baddie disappeared for a few days!  then came back Smiley Sad  weird.  Found a diff addy for their credit lending dept.  Sent.  Odd thing is, I received an email survey from Citi/Shell asking me about my recent contact to their customer service department.  I obviously did not reach the appropriate group.

Current goodies (yay’s) on CRs:

1)     Bank of America CC – Opened 2005 / Closed 2010 (I closed due to finances) NO lates

2)     New Millennium CC – Opened 2007 / Closed 2009 (acct closed/new acct opened) NO lates

3)     Amex Oasis CC – Opened 2012 – 2008 backdated (yay backdating!) no lates

4)     Applied Bank CC – Opened 2012 (secured) no lates

5)     Capital One CC – Opened 2012 (secured) no lates

Current baddies (oh noes!) on CRs:

1)     Amex CC – Opened 2008 / CO 2010 / Paid

2)     New Millennium CC – Opened 2009 / CO 2010 / Paid

3)     Citi/Shell Gas Card – Opened 2009 / One 30-day & One 60-day / No other baddies since 2010

4)     Chase CC – Opened 2006 / CO 2010 / Debt sold to Portfolio Recovery (#6)

5)     Macy’s CC – Opened 2008 / CO 2010 / Debt not sold and is only reporting by Macy’s – Bal $845 – Will PFD in August

6)     Portfolio Recovery (see #4) – Current Bal $1756 (orig $3500).  Should be PIF by start of August

7)     Nat’l Credit Systems NCS – Opened 2010 / Collection Account for apartment lease - $3610 – After #6 is PIF I will tackle this one.  Should I PIF the OC or CA?  Debt is not sold.  I’ve heard both … totally unsure.

These 7 items are what I am working on.  GW’s went out today for baddy # 2 and #3 (cherry picking). 

My overall plan:

#1 - Should I GW the deletion or wait a little while longer as I am still on Oasis with Amex – I know in 2017 it will turn positive but that’s *2017*?

#2 – GW’ing this one (fingers crossed)

#3 – GW’ing the 30-day and 60-day.  The 30-day is likely having little impact as it has been well over 24 months since however, there’s no harm in asking, right?  And only positive if they accept Smiley Happy

#6 - Stated via phone they will delete when PIF.  I did not have the total $$ at the time but I’ll be able to send a PFD this month.

#4 – This is OC to #5.  Will GW after PIF.

#5 – Will send PFD after #6 is PIF.

#7 – I can PIF in August but as the debt is not sold and the OC still has the debt should I arrange payment to the OC or simply pay the CA and hope they delete?  I have received no CA dunning on this.

Other than the above that will be all.  As you can see, 2010 was not a good year for me (boo!) but I rebounded and am now fine with util less than 7% and all goodies with perfect history.  Oh, and current scores are in my siggie.

Thanks for reading my ramblings.

Starting Score 4/15/2012:579 Ex-FAKO, 572 Eq-FAKO, 546 TU-FAKO (all were sub-500 in 2011)
FICO as of 3/08/2013: 627 EQ, 647 TU
FAKO as of 3/23/2013: 638 EX, 652 EQ, 648 TU
Goal 1: 600 FICO achieved 10/2012!, Goal 2: 650 FICO Across the Board - Let's take Baby-Steps!
**Amex Optima $1.3k, GE/CareCredit $1k, CapOne Secured $900, Barclaycard Rewards $500, CapOne Rewards $500, Citi/Shell $200**
Seedling Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/18/2013 - Goal: No apps for One Year: 3/18/2014
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Thanks - Current Status - Suggestions Welcomed

I think you have a good understanding of the issues, and a good plan. GW, GW on the paid derogs, with emphasis on the major derogs.

My comments relate only to dealing with the unpaid debt that is still owned by the OC.

Some will advocate only dealing with the OC, but I dont agree with that broad advice.

A collection is usually viewed as the more serious derog, and agreement either not to report a collection, or to delete once reported, cannot be agreed to by an OC.

A PFD to the OC only relates to their own reporting.

If avoidance or deletion of reporting of a collection is your goal, I would consider dealing with the debt collector as the direct route, rather than paying the OC, and then asking for GW deletion by the debt collector.

I would gauge my timing of a PFD (or pay for not reporting) offer as soon as possible, meaning having the funds to pay should they accept.  They often take a bunch of time to negotiate.

My sights would be primarily on deletion of all major derogs, thus putting you into a "clean" scoring bucket.

Message 2 of 6
ApexdvToo
Regular Contributor

Thanks, RobertEG, that was sort of what I wa beginning to think.  The OC is not reporting and doubt they will as long as they have a hired collector working for them.  Paying directly to the CA does seem the logical choice as I would be able to negotiate a possible PFD directly with the organization reporting to the CRAs.  Paying the OC directly does not guarantee the CA will remove the derog TL ... only mark it as $0 due.

Yes, I'm basically throwing everything I can at any unpaid baddie to clear them out and doing just fine with the occasional ramen-noodle dinner.  When I complain to myself I log on and view the results of my past financial situation.  Fortunately, my situation is not as severe reporting-wise, as others I have seen primarily because I dealt with quite a few OCs prior to any of them reporting.  In fact, I believe several may have deleted their report on their own prior to my joining myFICO.

PFD with the CA ... that is what I will do.  Also, I was wondering about the bucket.  If I am able to clear everything out then yes, that will place me into the "clean" category.  Thanks for your advice!

~Finally sunny & warm in Seattle

Starting Score 4/15/2012:579 Ex-FAKO, 572 Eq-FAKO, 546 TU-FAKO (all were sub-500 in 2011)
Goal 1: 600 FICO achieved 10/2012!, Goal 2: 650 FICO Across the Board - Let's take Baby-Steps!
**Amex Optima $1.3k, GE/CareCredit $1k, CapOne Secured $900, Barclaycard Rewards $500, CapOne Rewards $500, Citi/Shell $200**
Seedling Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/18/2013 - Goal: No apps for One Year: 3/18/2014
Message 3 of 6
ApexdvToo
Regular Contributor

Hi All.  Rather than creating a new post I decided to pull up my original and use this as my "official tracker".  I began my journey with a 514 FICO and now I am all the way to 647 ... YAY!!  I still smile when I look at those three numbers side by side: 6...4...7  Smiley Happy

So here I am asking for suggestions again.  Firstly, my current status:

Amex Optima (Oasis!): $1300 CL - opened 2012 then backdated to 2008, never late

CapOne Secured: $700 CL - opened 2012, never late.  CL should be $900 w/i 10 days

GE Care Credit: $1000 CL - opened 2012, never late

Citi/Shell Gas Card: $200 CL - opened 2009 one 30-day & one 60-day in 2010, on time since

(closed positive TL) Applied Bank Secured: $200 CL - opened 3/2012, never late.  Closed 3/2012 to avoid the $95 yearly fee.  Transferring the $200 to the CapOne card

(closed positive TL) New Millennium CC: opened 2/2007, Closed 5/2008 (lost card), $0 balance, never late

(closed positive TL) Eufora CC: opened 3/2006, closed 5/2010, $0 balance, never late.

Current CC UTIL is 17%

No installment, auto, mortgage, etc loans

CO - Chase Bank CC DoFD 3/2010: $0 balance, marked as Sold/Paid ChargeOff - sold to Portfolio Associates

Collection for Chase Bank CC - Portfolio Associates DoFD 5/2011 (WHAT??) - PIF 12/2012, open $0 bal on TU, open $0 bal on EQ with 120 late current status, "factoring company" on all CRs

CO - AMEX DoFD 10/2010 - $0 balance (PIF 3/2012)

CO - Macy's DoFD 2/2010 - $845 balance.  Not sold to a CA (yet)

CO - New Millennium CC DoFD 3/2010 - $0 balance (PIF 3/2012)

Collection: CCS DoFD 5/2010 - $3610 balance

-- I'm holding on any more GWs for the Amex CO and the 30 and 60 late on Citi/Shell for a month or two as every time I send one they send those accounts into disputed status even though I clearly indicate within the letters I am not disputing.  I'll kick back in with them in May'ish.

-- New Millennium: they are a brick wall.  Ugh!  All GWs come back as declined however I will keep chomping at the bit with them.  Any tips are greatly appreciated!

-- Macy's: I'm waiting until I have the $ set aside to PFD, hopefully by the end of the month then I'll kick in full force - I need to get to this soon before they sell it off and I end up with a shiny new CA on my CRs.

-- CCS: I've never been contacted by them though I know this is for an apartment.  After the Macy's I'll work on CCS as I don't have the $ for a PFD, yet.

-- Portfolio Recovery ASSociates: I PIF but should have PFD.  Woulda/Coulda/Shoulda we all learn our lessons but now their reporting just seems wonky.  I have a $0 bal on all three CRs but, all three are statused as "open" although they have responded to each GW indicating they have updated the TL as closed/PIF.  EQ shows Open with a $0 balance and a current status of 120-day late (WTFudge??!) and they are listed as a "factoring company" on all three.  Now, I know this factoring company schputz is basically "legal" but, it's just wonky when combined with everything else.

So, I am asking for suggestions on Portfolio Recovery Associates and New Millennium.  Yes, I've done the searchy-search, clicky-click thing Smiley Happy I'm just kinda shy about asking for contact details.  Fortunately, my FICOs are TU-647 and EQ-627 and considering where I've come in the last 11 months, it kinda makes me pee a little Smiley Happy  Thanks again to all for your previous suggestions and mostly for your support!  And thank you in advance for any suggestions, etc.

great ... I just looked at my scores again

Message 4 of 6
Target1212
Regular Contributor

I've had lots of success with other CAs using the BBB and complaining about anything little... like a CA reporting as a factoring company. Got Pinnacle, Asset Acceptance, LVNV and RPM deleted this way. Can't hurt.

Message 5 of 6
ApexdvToo
Regular Contributor

Thanks.  I initiated a BBB complaint on PRA even though I know they are under no obligation to even respond.  The one item I did not mention is the DoFD issue - I'll save that one for my next attempt if the complaint does not create any positive action - at least it will be documented.  Also, I know this could all simply result in the information being updated to the *correct* details.  If so, I am fine with that for now.  I'll simply continue my GWs Smiley Happy  You never know until you try it and who's to say they end up being all "oh good grief it's that yayhoo again!  Just delete it already 'cause I can't get the time to harrass anyone new if I'm still dealing with this putz!".  We all have our dreams ...

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.