Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thanks for the help

tag
Leadberry
Established Contributor

Thanks for the help

I wasn't planning on registering here, but I had to thank you guys.

I'm currently 24 years old. As soon as I turned 18 I got approved for a Chase Freedom VS ($500) and a Keybank Platinum MC ($500). Being the responsible teenager I was, they were both charged off within a year. I've also had a few other things go into collections: an overdrafted bank account, cell phone bill, medical bills, etc.

Fast forward to today: I'm an engineering student, I've held a steady job for 3.5 years, I haven't overdrafted a bank account since 2010 and I've been working on repairing my credit this entire time. My credit reports were clear of all baddies save for two (or so I thought), so I figured in the next year I'd be able to start applying for credit. This is when I get a piece of certified mail. Asset Acceptance, which bought my Chase debt, has hired a law firm and they've got a case number. I started reading into things, and this is when I came across myFico and started reading.

Because of you guys I joined NFCU a week ago. My father is Navy ret. and has been with them my entire life, but I never thought to join. Then just a few days ago I was approved for the NFCU Platinum MC with a $5k CL and no AF. I was literally at a loss for words...my credit score has been hovering around 600 for years and I didn't think this would happen so soon! I figured I'd try my luck and also submitted a pre-screened offer for the USAA Platinum VS as well as for a Cap One Journey VS. The USAA was declined, but they came back with a counteroffer for the Classic Platinum VS with a $1k CL, which I accepted. The Cap One was approved for $500 and no AF. At this point my mind was just blown. Now I knew I was pushing my luck here, but I sent in one last application for the Discover It. This one was declined, and it was at this point that I figured I should quit. They pulled TU and cited "COLLECTION" as the reason for denial. It also showed a TU FICO of 603!

When I applied for the NFCU card I also applied for the Navchek, which was declined. I wondered why and decided to look into my credit reports. I've been waiting for the free annual, but I ran out of patience so I signed up for the USAA credit monitoring. There is way more leftover crap on my reports than I thought!

- Enhanced Recovery, which I supposedly had deleted from all three years ago for being invalid, was still showing on EQ as PIF.

- MCM, which I settled in '09, was deleted from EQ but showing as PIF on EX and TU.

- Chase still had the original listing on all three from when I defaulted in '07 (CO).

- Asset Acceptance is on all three for the Chase account (~$1650).

- RJM Acquisitions is on EX and TU for ~$150.

- NFCU hard pulled TU when I joined, TU on the MC, and both EQ and TU for NavChek.

- USAA pulled EQ.

- Cap One pulled all three.

- Discover pulled TU.

All things considered, I can't believe I got approved for the credit I did considering the multiple baddies!

I'm in the process of paying off AA, but I'm still trying the BBB/AG route to get it removed. I sent GW to MCM, I disputed the old Enhanced Recovery with EQ, and I've heard RJM is really nice with PFD's. Hopefully my credit will be fully healed in no time. I'm not really sure what to do with Chase.

Unfortunately the only fico I have is from TU at 603. USAA fako's are all around 630. Credit.com puts me at around 703 fako (714 EX fako), credit karma puts me at 600 TU fako, and credit sesame puts me at 677, so I don't really know what to make of all this. Sorry for the long-winded kind of introduction. I know I was all over the place here, but I'm just too excited right now.

Again, thanks for the help!

FICO Scores 800+
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Thanks for the help

@Leadberry wrote:

I wasn't planning on registering here, but I had to thank you guys.

I'm currently 24 years old. As soon as I turned 18 I got approved for a Chase Freedom VS ($500) and a Keybank Platinum MC ($500). Being the responsible teenager I was, they were both charged off within a year. I've also had a few other things go into collections: an overdrafted bank account, cell phone bill, medical bills, etc.

Fast forward to today: I'm an engineering student, I've held a steady job for 3.5 years, I haven't overdrafted a bank account since 2010 and I've been working on repairing my credit this entire time. My credit reports were clear of all baddies save for two (or so I thought), so I figured in the next year I'd be able to start applying for credit. This is when I get a piece of certified mail. Asset Acceptance, which bought my Chase debt, has hired a law firm and they've got a case number. I started reading into things, and this is when I came across myFico and started reading.

Because of you guys I joined NFCU a week ago. My father is Navy ret. and has been with them my entire life, but I never thought to join. Then just a few days ago I was approved for the NFCU Platinum MC with a $5k CL and no AF. I was literally at a loss for words...my credit score has been hovering around 600 for years and I didn't think this would happen so soon! I figured I'd try my luck and also submitted a pre-screened offer for the USAA Platinum VS as well as for a Cap One Journey VS. The USAA was declined, but they came back with a counteroffer for the Classic Platinum VS with a $1k CL, which I accepted. The Cap One was approved for $500 and no AF. At this point my mind was just blown. Now I knew I was pushing my luck here, but I sent in one last application for the Discover It. This one was declined, and it was at this point that I figured I should quit. They pulled TU and cited "COLLECTION" as the reason for denial. It also showed a TU FICO of 603!

When I applied for the NFCU card I also applied for the Navchek, which was declined. I wondered why and decided to look into my credit reports. I've been waiting for the free annual, but I ran out of patience so I signed up for the USAA credit monitoring. There is way more leftover crap on my reports than I thought!

- Enhanced Recovery, which I supposedly had deleted from all three years ago for being invalid, was still showing on EQ as PIF.  Can you explain what you mean by invalid?

- MCM, which I settled in '09, was deleted from EQ but showing as PIF on EX and TU.   Why was it deleted from EQ?  What is the DoFD?

- Chase still had the original listing on all three from when I defaulted in '07 (CO).

- Asset Acceptance is on all three for the Chase account (~$1650).

- RJM Acquisitions is on EX and TU for ~$150.  What is the DoFD?  How old is it?  Do you know your states SOL on debt?

- NFCU hard pulled TU when I joined, TU on the MC, and both EQ and TU for NavChek.

- USAA pulled EQ.

- Cap One pulled all three.

- Discover pulled TU.

All things considered, I can't believe I got approved for the credit I did considering the multiple baddies!

I'm in the process of paying off AA, but I'm still trying the BBB/AG route to get it removed. I sent GW to MCM, I disputed the old Enhanced Recovery with EQ, and I've heard RJM is really nice with PFD's. Hopefully my credit will be fully healed in no time. I'm not really sure what to do with Chase.

Unfortunately the only fico I have is from TU at 603. USAA fako's are all around 630. Credit.com puts me at around 703 fako (714 EX fako), credit karma puts me at 600 TU fako, and credit sesame puts me at 677, so I don't really know what to make of all this. Sorry for the long-winded kind of introduction. I know I was all over the place here, but I'm just too excited right now.

Again, thanks for the help!

You can get a EQ FICO on this site.  EX hasn't sold their FICO score to the consumer since Feb 09.  There is a CU in PA where you can get it and a few more but I can't recall them right now. 

Message 2 of 4
Leadberry
Established Contributor

Sorry for being so vague.

The ERC tradeline is due to an old Sprint bill.  I let it go to collections because there were ridiculous charges on the bill that Sprint wouldn't explain.  I disputed the tradeline on all three for the amount owed being incorrect.  I thought all three disputes came back with a delete, but it looks like EQ changed it to PIF instead.  I'm assuming ERC didn't have the records to verify.

If I remember correctly I disputed MCM for being listed as a factoring company loan, but I can't be sure.  I just don't remember that one too well.  DoFD is 04/2007.

I can't find the DoFD for RJM with this weird report layout USAA has, but I know it's at some point in 2007.  SoL is 6 years open ended, 15 years written (Ohio).

FICO Scores 800+
Message 3 of 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@Leadberry wrote:

Sorry for being so vague.

The ERC tradeline is due to an old Sprint bill.  I let it go to collections because there were ridiculous charges on the bill that Sprint wouldn't explain.  I disputed the tradeline on all three for the amount owed being incorrect.  I thought all three disputes came back with a delete, but it looks like EQ changed it to PIF instead.  I'm assuming ERC didn't have the records to verify.  If they didn't have records to verify, it should have been deleted.

If I remember correctly I disputed MCM for being listed as a factoring company loan, but I can't be sure.  I just don't remember that one too well.  DoFD is 04/2007.  Reporting as a factoring company is ok, reporting you had a loan with them is not.   Do they own the debt or was it assigned to them by the OC?

I can't find the DoFD for RJM with this weird report layout USAA has, but I know it's at some point in 2007.  SoL is 6 years open ended, 15 years written (Ohio).

None of them are going to fall off too soon.  If they are paid send a GW asking for deletion.

If not you can do a PFD if you have the funds.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.